125cc

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Old technology 2 stroke (like a china girl only bigger), for less money get a Morini.

wildemere

Feb 12, 2008
Newcastle
With 125cc and 6 speeds you will need motorcycle grade tyres and brakes. 80+ mph would not be out of the question.

The CZ / JAWA motors from eastern europe have quality that far exceeds the HT crap from china. They (eastern europeans) basicaly invented racing 2 strokes in the 50's, then sold and/or lost their technology to the Japs, with many engineers moving to Suzuki and Yamaha in the early sixties.

To say a Jawa or CZ design is crap or similar to chinese production is a misguided statement as that is where modern 2 stroke designs originate.

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
What I meant was the intake goes directly into the cylinder, no one does that anymore except the HT motors.

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
The CZ / JAWA motors from eastern europe have quality that far exceeds the HT crap from china. They (eastern europeans) basicaly invented racing 2 strokes in the 50's, then sold and/or lost their technology to the Japs, with many engineers moving to Suzuki and Yamaha in the early sixties.

To say a Jawa or CZ design is crap or similar to chinese production is a misguided statement as that is where modern 2 stroke designs originate.
Well said Wildemere. We in the West tend to under-estimate the other part of the world. Eastern europe is often equated with communists and since we've been taught "communist=bad" their stuff must be junk right? In fact the Chzech (sp?) Jawa/CZ and the East German MZ were superb designs and rivalled in quality anything else in the market at the time before the Japanese invasion. All that without huge monetary resources of the Western manufacturers. This is off the subject but people often make fun of Russian cars like the Lada and so put everything Russian in the same box meanwhile Russian heavy trucks are accepted as being some of the best and most capable in the world. For example the Russian Kamaz trucks have been kicking Mercedes, Man, DAF, Volvo etc. a$$ on a consistent basis in the Paris Dakar rally up to the present day. In fact Kamaz trucks won the dakar rally a record of 9 times and took the first 2 places in the 2010 Rally as well! And for those who know Paris Dakar it's not just a couple of rednecks doing some mud-bogging and hoping they don't break their axles.

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Make fun of the Lada?! I want a Lada Niva so bad! You lucky Canadians can get them but we can't. :(

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
I have a 1995 JAWA, 50cc. Runs real well, finding parts for these is like tring to get quality outta China, this project is always on the back burner??? we all have projects like that

Mac

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
ok back in the 60s i know i rode some kinda motorcycle with a jawa mill didnt own but rode it memory is alittle sketchy, anyone know what it coulda been? girrelli maybe or maybe something sold by monkey wards or sears?

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
Make fun of the Lada?! I want a Lada Niva so bad! You lucky Canadians can get them but we can't. :(
I meant the 4 door Lada that people typically make fun of. As for the Niva it does seem to have quite a following on the net and is apparently a pretty capable off-roader. Had a neighbor years ago who used a Niva to go hunting with. He said he preferred the Niva over his early 80's Chevy 4X4 because of the better fuel economy (duh! obviously) and because the Lada was much smaller so it got into narrow bush roads and tighter trails where the Chev was just too big.

Attachments

Last edited:

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
Oops, pic didn't take the first time.

If I could have a pick of a small off road vehicle I'd love to get my hands on a little late 80s Suzuki Samurai. Hard to find examples in this part of Canada (I'm sure Michigan is the same eh? Kevlarr?? :)) that rust hasn't completely eaten away.

Attachments

Last edited: