hurt bad and it wasnt user error

GoldenMotor.com

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
i was driving my bike around the track at school(with teacher permission of cource) and some stupid arogent kid, who stole my laptop once before, came out of nowhere and whipped a bag full of books at me, i went down at over 50kph, bone was exposed, im hurtin pretty bad, but thank god canada has free health care! il be beadbound for a few days but i will be back and motorized bicycle riding soon,

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Im sorry to hear about this....Did you press charges????I would pound that kid into the ground!!!!Thats if it was me,but you need to press charges!!!!
Look on the bright side,now you get to chat with us more for a few days :}....I hope you get feeling better soon and get back on your bike and keep riding....Everytime I fall down,I stand back up going,and im sure you will do the same....
John-John

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
Sounds like a nice lawsuit to me!! ;)
only problem with that is i really like my teacher, and if i sue the school and the kid the teacher might get fired, i would rather suck it up then hurt my teacher, plus our bikes are clearly illegal(at least in ontario) and i dont want to bring attention to it,

rickie h

Aug 6, 2009
usa
agreed and unless the teacher was supposed to be watching you i dont see how she could be in it....just say you were under supervision of a teacher you dont like lol

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
agreed and unless the teacher was supposed to be watching you i dont see how she could be in it....just say you were under supervision of a teacher you dont like lol
well the teacher was suposed to be watching me, but i went ahead of him and got knocked down before he was outside, and i didnt have a helmet(stupid me but i was just doing one lap to test the new gearbox grease)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Law suit need only say bicycle, you, bag of books and him. Dunno, but that kid is a freak and needs a "talkin'" to.

Feel better soon.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
I don't know about Canada, but in the states that is attempted manslaughter and assault with a deadly weapon.
yeah im hurtil, il be missing some work(hard to lift milk crates when you cant move your arm or leg! lol)

but it seems so complicated, and im afraid i will get in trouble, or my teacher will,

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
only problem with that is i really like my teacher, and if i sue the school and the kid the teacher might get fired, i would rather suck it up then hurt my teacher, plus our bikes are clearly illegal(at least in ontario) and i dont want to bring attention to it,
You meant clearly "not legal" as opposed to clearly "illegal" right ;) Don't get me going on that topic...lol Anyway motor added to your bicycle or not the courts and the police won't likely give a damn and besides you were on private property so the Ontario HTA rules and regs do not apply anyway.

As I said in my PM if the kid is 18 or under go after the parents! It's understandable you don't want to go after the school but don't let this little knob get away with this kinda crap!

Have a look at the Ontario Parental Responsibility Act, it is the act that is most relevant in your case. Clearly if things happened as you say they did you are entitled to compensation under this act and I would imagine the only arguing in the courtroom would be in regards to how much $$$ your entitled to recover. Pain and suffering, lost wages, damage to bicycle....I'd say 25g plus lawyers fees and costs would not be out of reach by any means.

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
Here's what you do if you know some people or a friend knows some people get them to well beat the **** of that punk that got you injured in the first place then he wont mess with anymore jealousy gets the best of people but they shouldn't throw books at you could have died and you weren't wearing a helmet 50kmh is fast so ya it's up to you what your gonna do but don't let it slide because that guys gonna do it again hope you get better soon bro take care.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
thanks for the support guys, this kid is a huge jock, he plays football, so if i were to plot revenge it would end in suffering for me, i am looking into a lawyer though,

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
It's ok you don't have to do it teach him a lesson if anything he's gonna get a slap on the wrist you gotta teach him a lesson I use train Muay Thai and I fought guys twice my size and won of course don't fight him just figure something out because that will cause more trouble.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
It's ok you don't have to do it teach him a lesson if anything he's gonna get a slap on the wrist you gotta teach him a lesson I use train Muay Thai and I fought guys twice my size and won of course don't fight him just figure something out because that will cause more trouble.
but say i do fight him, i have support, all 20 of my classmates want revenge, but i dont think hurting him will accomplish anything, it will just get us charged and make it hard to get jobs and leave the country, im not a complete hippy saying violence never wins, but in this situation i dont think revenge is a good idea,