"Life Paint" reflective paint!

GoldenMotor.com

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I agree... very useful stuff...
this would work great as a mid coat between the base and clear coats if its compatible with other paints.

I know krylon and a few others used to make a reflective paint that could be sprayed on stuff but if sprayed over a dark color it was noticeable... it worked really well against camera radars that flashed when the camera shot so people would re lable it as stealth paint for painting over their license plates because it would cause the camera flash to over expose the plate making it impossible to read but under normal light like sunlight or headlights it was very hard to detect.

This stuff volvo makes looks a LOT more reflective tho and would be great for painting frames or rims with if the rider needs to ride at night or before the sun comes up. I like it.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Rats! It washes off? How did I miss that part? Well, I suppose you'd want to clear-coat it to make it permanent. That complicates things only a tad, but it would be worth it. I still want some.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Rats! It washes off? How did I miss that part? Well, I suppose you'd want to clear-coat it to make it permanent. That complicates things only a tad, but it would be worth it. I still want some.
Well, I'm not going pay $120 for a can of paint that washes off.
When it comes at the price of a regular rattle can clear coat I'll sure get it though.

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Wow... $120 for a can of that stuff? ... They can keep it... The krylon and other brand reflective paints do a good job at around $8 per can and can be sprayed over most light colors and not interfear with the color of the bike or the parts... it does give a slight metallic sheen to darker colors but still reflects decently when a set of headlights hits it.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Ya, it will come down in price, a cool product for Halloween, spray the kids costumes to light them up, then wash it off in the laundry.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Just makes me shake my head.
Major corp comes up with a product that could potentially save many lives.
Then jacks the price to the moon .
The best part of the joke on the consumer is that it washes off .
So one needs to keep buying and re applying the overpriced product.
Knowing these facts , I wouldn't use this product if I was given a life time supply.