An introduction...

GoldenMotor.com

KeithSeymour

Sep 23, 2013
Northern Virginia
Hello!

I stumbled across the forum when I was looking to make a BTR tribute bike. I just bought a 52' Roadmaster straight bar frame that I'd like to do it with and am putting together a parts list now. Figured I'd introduce myself and show my appreciation of all the info on the forum.

-Keith
.wee.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Well, you stumbled into the right place. Lots of good people here who are civil and helpful. Sounds like a good choice in bikes. Welcome an post photos when yu can.
SB

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi keith and welcome to our world of motorized bicycles, i am an Edison graduate. great to have you with us

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Welcome to the forum KeithSeymour,

as it has already been said, lots of good knowledgeable people here and YES you stumbled right into the best place you can be for all things related to motorized bicycles, we're a family of fits and a few misfits...LOL! but this is a great place and we hope you hang around and share all the details of your custom build as it comes along..... we love to watch a great project come together.

map
reddd

KeithSeymour

Sep 23, 2013
Northern Virginia
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I'm getting in my roadmaster frame early next week. I'll keep you guys posted. It may be a little slow at first until I get some more time/funds. Just had my second son less than two weeks ago. Originally got this as a winter project hopefully ready for spring.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks for all the kind words guys! I'm getting in my roadmaster frame early next week. I'll keep you guys posted. It may be a little slow at first until I get some more time/funds. Just had my second son less than two weeks ago. Originally got this as a winter project hopefully ready for spring.
Best wishes and congrats on the new baby.......i've got 10 grand babies now myself and dont get to see them much but you get into this great hobby and be sure to teach those young-uns all you can about it as they're growing up, we need to get our younger generations back to knowing how to use their minds and their hands for more than cell phones and video games........

And again welcome to our greatforum here and best wishes on the winter project....

Map
.wee.

KeithSeymour

Sep 23, 2013
Northern Virginia

Here's my new 1952 Roadmaster. Doing a lot of research on which way I want to go with it. I'm leaning toward a Predator 212 or a GC160 Motor. I'm 6'4" and 280lbs so definitely want a motor to push me around. Already in the making of a deal on some Worksman Weels with front drum brakes and thinking of adding truss rods to the stock forks for the vintage BTR. Thanks again for the welcome!

Keith