indian chief?

GoldenMotor.com

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Kind of a pipe dream, but I thought if a person took a 20 inch bx bike and heavily modifyed it theycould make a cheap 1947 chief tribute,dunno what they would do for forks but I might think about it some more but I probabaly won't ever start on iI.
I have a plan for the rear suspension using some old parts off the broken hay-bailer,barstock and some big bolts& springs.

Maby a converted air pump v twin for motor?

laff

Merry christmas!!!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You may pull off the Indian look with 20x3" tires. Disk brakes may not look so Indianesque, but rim brakes definitely wont. The engine is a tough one. I would probable use a china girl motor with a fake second cylinder. We just don't have vee motors under 250cc.

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
Yea,.I was just thinking because my friend has a bmx bike with rear disk break and he just got a new one for xmas so I was gona buy the old one from him. my local bike shop has some very very wide 20 inc tires (about 20~2.325) and for the rear suspension: I had tought of useing awo strange things I found in my parts bucket that has a metal ball with a hole in it sunk into a threaded base, and just using big bolts as the slide with two larger compression springs. I've got a very large gastank that would work quite well but its blue&white. Also I've got some handlebrs tha are very close to what my dad has on his coustom chief so I'll use thos. I've got a very large and rusted out tripple spring seat that I was debating about removin the post clamps and just jb welding the springs to the frame and re covering it with black pleather. I do have a rear 20 inch fender but I'm alittle confused on what to do for the front, I don't think any bikes have 20 inch fenders in front. I have a set of "indian" lights that I made out of some steel and the left over lights from the free table at a swap meet. If I can figure out how to post pics I'll get some of them up here.