My gosh, I would love to motorize this baby

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
you can pick up flightliners, spaceliners, and whatever other names they go by (sears, murray, and someone else i can't think of all marketed the same bike under their names) for pretty cheap. maybe not in that condition, though.

i saw a frame for 50 bucks at the swap meet yesterday.

it's a middleweight bicycle, though, and not exactly the strongest frame design.

i've seen ones in the same condition go fo 250 or less.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Nice looking bicycle, but looks kind of flemsey for motorizing.

When I was a kid I hated those things because it looked like an old fogie bike. Now that I'm an old fogie it's a different story lol.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That is a flimsy old fogie bicycle that is in great condition that I would not motorize either......you couldn't fit a decent sized 4-stroke in that frame if ya wanted too. I just said that 4 times rotfl Make that 6 times....laff

dnut

Last edited:

59Cruiser

Aug 11, 2011
Mi
Yeah, the frame does look thin and flimsy but I am guessing it is stronger and built better than most of todays modern run of the mill $150 - $200 bikes. Maybe not ? I would never pay that much for it but it would make one super cool motorized bike as far as looks and style I think.

I just finished motorizing a 60's schwinn cruiser and stripped it down to start. I was amazed at the quality of the bike compared to todays modern bikes. The little details like the nuts and bolts .. for example an extra heavy duty custom bolt used for the seatpost clamp that has a "S" stamped in it. You could just feel the difference when holding the headset lock nut in your hand, etc.