Hello

GoldenMotor.com

Acidrayn

Mar 1, 2011
abbeville la
Hi,
I'm attempting my first build on a Globe Carmel 01. I have found this forum to be very helpful . All of the people here are very well mannered and know what they are talking about . I thought that I should introduce myself and thank everyone for the great info that i have found within these pages. I ordered a 80/65cc kit from Bikeberry.com, I have found a few great ideas on how to do the mount for the larger frame down tube. Thanx again to everyone. I will post pix when the build is done.

Acidrayn

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, welcome to the forum Acidrayn, that's a good looking bike and should be a fun build! I'm guessing there is a coaster brake on the rear and the front wheel almost looks radial laced.....bring on the build pics!

dnut

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
hi acid welcome to the forums, hope that frame is big enough, i wanted to use a certain bike on my build initially, and other members quickly pointed out the clearance issues i would have, did more research and found that bikes with slanted top tubes (idk the technically correct term but bear with me here) will usually have clearance issues, ones with straight or curved tubes usually had the room though.

anyways let us know how it goes, good luck.

edit:also if you did buy a slant head undo the top bolts and turn the head so the spark plug is facing forward instead of backwards how it comes stock. will give you more clearance, i always thought mine was too tight, then i saw a build sportscarpat did on a very similar bike (we were both using worksman INB frames), and saw he had done this and had quite a bit more room to work with then me.

i had seen other bikes with the same thing done n just not taken it into consideration until then though.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum, Acid.
You've come to the right place for help with your build. One member pointed out the different spoke spacing on the front and rear wheels. My guess is the front has a 36 spoke count and the rear a 32. Odd, but that's what it looks like to me without actually counting. Good luck, ride safe.
Tom

Edit: Nope, just counted...both wheels have 36 spokes.

Acidrayn

Mar 1, 2011
abbeville la
Hey ,
Thanks everyone for the great feed back. You guys are really cool. I work a lot so its slow coming, but i got a good bit done. The frame was extra wide so my dad and I fabricated a front mount. Here are some pics for you guys. Thanx.

Acidrayn

Attachments

vintage97302

Feb 3, 2011
Salem, Oregon
Hey there, welcome. As a newcomer myself I know you have found the right place to be...these guys are awesome. Prepare to be lost for hours catching up on all the topics. Please post pics when you can so we may all drool over your bike =).