Poll: price vs. availability

GoldenMotor.com

What's important to you...price? availability?

• Price is my #1 concern...I don't mind waiting.

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • I want my parts fast...I don't mind paying extra.

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
With some reluctance I'm voting for price and a willingness to wait. However, I would encourage you to be sure you are getting a fair return for your creative energy and time. We all know how good your products are and want very much for you to continue in this business for a long time for very selfish reasons... we want your stuff which is available nowhere else. We know you love motored bikes like the rest of us. You may know more, but you are still one of us, as Mike Snyder put it, "a brother in the wind". Imagine you are your own employee and the central reason your business is a success. Keep that guy happy and let him know his worth by giving him/yourself a much deserved raise. I can wait and I can also cough up a little more from my social security check. You're worth it.
SB

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
Trick question Jim?
I want cake & ice cream.

Adam

Ok I finally got my hands on your sprocket adaptors. They are dangerous must use caution because you cant stop at one you have to have more and if you cant get more than you go insane. Please don't cut us off I can't afford rehab.

Last edited:

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
I voted price because that's what slows my process down in building. As a hobby build being my first mb, it's been a adventure. I started out to be totally custom from the beginning, I love to be different. Your parts help people make something not look like it was bought off ebay or craiglist. Most hobbyist won't mind waiting for a part. Most custom mb builders are trying to make money off a project so they do need it faster.

It was hard decision to make on your poll jim. not having an idea of how much the increase would be was the hard part. I will agree hands down, with the quality of your parts "NO ONE" could beat your price.......or want to.

So far the only product that had a longer lead time was the motor mount. But customers must realize how important your name is on a part. When I talk to people I mention this site and "Manic Mechanic." A design flaw can damage sales more than a wait. Let me ask this, "would anyone go out and buy a Toyota at this time?

.flg.

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
I voted price just because I am currently unemployed, and living off of working out of my garage as a mechanic. I have been advertising Jim's products to everyone that pulls me over and asks me about my bike. They ask me, "wow!", where did you get those custom parts? I tell them whats up, and they really appreciate it. Jim, put me on your list for the engine you will be designing! This just made my day! I can't wait! I just bought a PK80, and I'm running your billet head, and it pulls nice and smooth all they way up.

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
LOL the poll is about tied. Jim, You have the market cornered on these great parts. Whatever you decide will be fine. I agree with some of the other guys give yourself a raise sir, you deserve it. I cant wait to see Jim's American motor, I'm already saving for it!

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
This is a tough question to answer. I for one haven't ordered anything yet. But Even I agree with the fellows here saying you deserve to make something off what you make. I have been reading all the answers here and I have come to see that you are not just a supplier of superior products but custom products as well. I have to admit I was floored when I read you make $0.00 profit I have also seen many stand and defend their friend/brother here. You are not just a valued supplier of wonderful parts that are provided at a great price. But a person who deserves to be rewarded for your hard work. I believe that you should raise your prices, make a profit, and keep doing things the way you have for so long. Don't change the way you have been doing business so far. If it ain't broke Don't fix it. Folks will wait for quality! They always have. You will still have the loyalty of the MB community knocking at your door looking for that part they can't find anywhere else. I have never seen such a tight knit group of people as I see here. I have to say as a rather new member here I can contribute nothing but some knowledge I learn here and my opinion. You on the other hand Sir are a necessity here.

What makes this country so great is the freedom of choice. I for one choose to pay more for a QUALITY part from a friend rather than a cheap part I can have tomorrow from anybody.

Just my opinion. Opinions are like A**holes everybody's got one some just stink more than others.