repaint and group pic

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Lookin' good, Cam. Nice stable of bikes. Makes me want to do a group shot but I'll wait until I've painted the new Jaguar. It's pretty rough right now.
Tom

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
it's hand formed, made from 3 pieces, 2 sides and the bottom, metal is beat out on a shot bag to the basic shape, then put through an english wheel, the frame is a huffy cranebrook but any cruiser frame will do. the 3 parts are then welded to the frame, then we cut out the filler neck from a stock kit peanut tank and weld it into the tank. grind down all the welds, do a little body work to it, then paint. it's a lot of work, i'm working on a fiberglass bolt on tank that will look the same. should have some pics of one on a bike in about a month.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Once again craving the clapping Hand emoticon. I like your style man, looks rugged and dependable. Does that Cranbrook frame hold up good? I bought one for the Wife, but wasn't sure of the welds for a motor. If you've gotten exp though I'll go pick up a few cranbrooks for dirt cheap and do some cool replica's. I absolutely love your tanks! Keep it up nice smooth clean looking bikes man.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i've seen some post on here where people say the cranebrook frame is prone to cracking, we've built a few of them with no problems, the red bike in the pick used to be blue and silver, it has led a very hard life. sean, jdmpunks boy who is 13 rides the crap out of our bikes, he and a friend of his were racing around the yard when he caught a pedal in the dirt, fliped the bike end over end 3 times, bent the fork and put a big dent in the tank, no damage or cracks to the frame, i think they hold up well and we have the 13 year old to prove it. lol.