micargi puma gts newbie build

GoldenMotor.com

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I got this micargi puma gts and got the flying horse black 66cc motor kit, manic hub with 40t gear. here's some progress pics. I'm still waiting on my front motor mount( I ordered a cnc universal mount). I have more work ahead of me but that's ok.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I don't have the front together cause my front fork came bent so I'm waiting for a replacement and I know I'm gonna have to trim the chain guard and rear fender for chain Clarence and do some creative mounting for the gas tank.I also have an analog speedo to install too. Oh and to add some chain guides for both chains and maybe add some links to the chain but I have a plan and a vision.

Last edited:

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Got the rear fender trimmed to clear the chain. Have to lengthen the chain but no big deal I knew I'd have to. I'm kinda stuck right now but I should have the motor mount tomorrow then I can finish the chains and then I still have to wait for my new fork. It's been a fun build so far

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Got my motor fully mounted just need to paint the mounts and do everything else but I can check one thing off my list.

Last edited:

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I got the rear wheel done, I didn't like how the rear hub was mounted so I fixed that and loctited the screws with blue loctite.next on my list is to add the drive chain and deal with the chain tensioners.I also just found out that my front fork is on its way so ups is on its way. I'm focusing on one thing at a time otherwise I'll get overwhelmed.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I had to bend the muffler to clear the front motor mount and pedals and add a tensioner/chain guide but now its a fully functional bike. I still have to add the drive chain/tensioner, gas tank, cables, throttle, speedo, oh and trim the chain guard to clear the motor. I know I'm probably forgetting something but I'll remember cause right now it's all mock up cause I want to paint all the silver mounts and brackets so it look like it came from the factory motorized.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
Thanks. I got the drive chain on finally. Now the hard part is done (I hope). It's been a slow build cause I have work and kids but it's moving forward. I'll post more pics when I can.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
you mentioned you want to paint the hardware the match the bike, very cool idea. I can't wait to see some more pics.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
So I was able to work on it some more tonight. I got the gas tank mounted, the clutch handle and cable installed and modded the stock grips to fit the throttle grip since I really liked the stock ones and it'll fit my idea of making it look factory. Sorry I ran out of time to take pics but I will get some soon.

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca

Got the grips installed, throttle cable. All I have to do is wire up the kill switch and paint the brackets and plumb the fuel line. Oh and install my speedometer.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
the best part is the way your exhaust is set up all the gunk will be on the road and not your tyre sidewall.
looking fine!

Motakitty

Feb 14, 2015
San Jose, ca
I like that too. That's just the stock kit exhaust, I don't think any other one would fit is tight but clears. Overall the motor went in without much fuss and I didn't have to fab up mounts, I used the stock rear mount and then the cnc universal front mount. The only hard thing was the rear sprocket. Thanks for everyone's input, I'm not quite done but really close.