auxiepete

GoldenMotor.com

auxiepete

Mar 17, 2008
Hello fellow members,
I have been a bicyclist, and now going to install an engine kit. However, I just learned that in NY state (acc. to Dept. of motor vehicles, motorized bicycles are not allowed to be operated) it is illegal to operate a motorized bicycle. My dealer where I purchased my engine kit said that he has sold to NY residents but could not give me details of their addresses.

Is there anyone among you familiar with this regulation and can help on this issue?

Thanks a mil.
auxiepete

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
helllo and welcome to the forum. i am not sure on ny but someone here can probably let you help you. if thier are mopeds alowed i would think that a motorized bicycle is alowed. here in michigan you register you motorized bicycle as a moped. it will be intersesting to see what we can find out. personally i have not heard of any one haveing a problem in ny.

auxiepete

Mar 17, 2008
If anyone knows anybody who rides in NY and would write to me, that would be a great help. I remember having seen a rider in Long Island, NY (next county to mine) and another in another section of my county, Queens, NY. I'd love to be in touch with them and know their experience.

All the same, thanks CRUISER for your input.

auxiepete

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i used to ride my bike to work when i worked radar for laguadia airpot. the aproach control facility was in westbury. alot of traffic and had to really be careful and pay attention