Want to build a Trike

GoldenMotor.com

go daddy-o

Feb 17, 2009
vancouver
Would like to start a motorized trike project ,any ideas about what engines to use .I have not yet seen any yet that I could get a good look at.The kids took my 62 rambler away from me. I'll show em!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum.
If I built a trike, I'd use a frame mounted engine to maximize cargo space.

go daddy-o

Feb 17, 2009
vancouver
Still havent decided 2 stroke or 4 stroke on my new schwinn meridian and best application yet.Starting to see a couple nice completed projects .Any advice/help greatly appreciated.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Still havent decided 2 stroke or 4 stroke on my new schwinn meridian and best application yet.Starting to see a couple nice completed projects .Any advice/help greatly appreciated.
I have never built a trike, you might want to ask one of the guys from the above links for some help and ideals. You could also go electric depending on you needs.

.trk

oldcliff

Feb 9, 2009
Wilmington Ohio
You can't beat the latest prices of the chinese 2 stroke engines. I just bought an 80cc one for $119.00 plus shipping. The 4 stroke will give better gas milage, but usually dosn't have as much hp for the same cc size. 4 strokes also tend to be more reliable, and you don't have to mix the fuel.

Hope this helps.

go daddy-o

Feb 17, 2009
vancouver
This is true , and from what ive seen so far the 4 stroke has to be set off to one side making turning to the left a little hazardas. It just doesnt look right.
Thanks for the input.