Newbe 70cc build... FAST

GoldenMotor.com

Cube26

Apr 11, 2013
Melbourne Australia
G’day all this is my 1st time on the forms and also my 1st time to build one of these bicycles.
Bit of background info, I’m 20 years old, live in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne near Pakenham. Love cycling and have a good collection of bicycles including Mtb’s, a recumbent and some road bikes. I sold my tandem as I had no room for it. Then decided to build a motorized bike, partly due to the fact of writing off my car . I was strapped for cash so I purchased a new $100 70cc engine kit of eBay, but after a few rides wanted more speed so got this shift kit http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JACKSHAF...ies&hash=item2c6aef5c7a&_uhb=1#ht_4978wt_1271
It was cheap but after a little bit of cutting and grinding it works.
This kit is stock except for some extra mods that I made:
-Installed a 4.5l quad bike tank as the metal ones rust
-New fuel line with 2 taps and 2 filters
-cut a piece of metal and put a rod through it so I can run 2 brake cables off the one lever
-Front shifting as well as rear which allows speeds of 70kmh on flat but also the ability to climb hills around 40o without the need to pedal
-And to sort out the stretching of the chain over time I install a tensioner that keeps the chain tight and also stops the engine moving and reduces the strain of the engine on the frame.

The hardest part with the front shifting due to the lack of space to install a derailleur, so I cut and welded the old one and made it half the width. I also cut up the old front cranks and used it for the sprockets.

Here is the gears im running:
-engine 10T, runs to left side of shift kit 17T
-right side of shift kit 10T, runs to crank freewheel 36T
The gears:
Front-
1st- 28T
2nd-38T

Rear-
1st-28T
2nd-24T
3rd-21T
4th-18T
5th-16T
6th-14T

All in all if you oil the bearings each trip with quality oil and keep a good 2 stroke mix I use between 18:1 and 20:1 this cheap kit is awesome.
.xx. xct2

Attachments

Cube26

Apr 11, 2013
Melbourne Australia
I thought I might also ask, Ive done about 400kms so far and I lube all parts and also the 2 gears in the crank case but how often do I need to remove the head to clean the piston and more to my point is there a way to remove the head without wrecking the gasket as I don't have any gasket glue

Cube26

Apr 11, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Also for those who want the mock sticker to help make your 70cc look a 48cc under 200w I have made a copy of the sky hawk one
print to actual size as a photo sheet size 4x6"
and the sticker will be right size

Attachments