Few options .. Shift kit

GoldenMotor.com

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
Hello, currently have a Murray cruiser with a 80cc slanthead skyhawk. Saw the one custom build with a custom moutainbike frame and a goped gas tank mounted to head tube. I really want to switch my build up and use a mountain bike frame with shock front forks. Not only will this get rid of annoying 30+ mph vibrations but all mountain bikes have quick release axles, so it will be easier to transport around. I will also be putting a sbp hd shiftkit and expansion chamber.

Whats the best, cheapest bike to use? Would a walmart moutainbike bike be fine? Since the crank and front derailed will be swapped out for sbp one?

Also, the sbp kit will let me throw away the rear chain tensioner, rear sprocket assembly with Chinese kit, and one less chain to align.

Also want to use a gas tank mounted to front head tube area... Any ideas? So I can toss annoying stock tank, and rid of more stuff to break.

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
Also will it be night vs day regarding my single speed now vs the shift kit in acceleration and top speed?

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Why is your stock tank annoying you?
I like to use the Happy Time fuel tank as the main reservoir or auxiliary tank for my non-China Girl engines. My favorite is the four-liter tank, which usually mounts on the top tube. However, on my latest build, the expansion pipe extends over the top tube, so I moved my HT tank onto the rear rack.

When the HT tank wouldn't fit, I've used 1.0 liter and 1.5 liter goped tanks on my builds. Don't particularly care for them, since I always lose the cap and the large fuel grommet tends to leak. My engines don't get great mpg, and I hate topping off goped tanks on a daily basis. With the 4-liter tank, I ride to the gas station and fill up every 8 days.dance1