Coaster Brake Sprocket?

GoldenMotor.com

brine99

Jun 29, 2009
PA
Attempting to install sprocket on coaster brake bike. I enlarged hole and removed brake
dust cover, sprocket on but seems teeth very close to spokes. I tested by putting chain on
and chain rubbing against spokes. Seems I need to push out sprocket somehow.
Could I mount it concave side out?
Thanks for help.

Brian in PA

heyscuba

Jan 19, 2011
st. louis, missouri
I"m having a problem in this area,...
e-mail me if you can help,...
I'm making the hole bigger now, but fear IF I put that outer washer on the wheel and then the sprocket I will not be able to put the coaster brake bracket into it's slot if supposed to fit into.

[email protected]

fundreamer1

Dec 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I"m having a problem in this area,...
e-mail me if you can help,...
I'm making the hole bigger now, but fear IF I put that outer washer on the wheel and then the sprocket I will not be able to put the coaster brake bracket into it's slot if supposed to fit into.

[email protected]
That's the way it seemed to me when I put mine together, but it worked just fine after all.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I like to countersink the sprocket holes and use 1/4 20 X 1 1/2'' flush head bolts from Home Depot. Makes a lot more clearance for the arm without the need for bending it. Just have to make sure you fit the sprocket first and countersink the correct side.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
the way i did mine was grind in 1 area just enough to see through the outer ring, then eelled it off with a pair of pliers, came off nice n easy. then i grinded its sides down a bit to make it fit, was a whole lot easier then grinding the entire thing down.