Help a little newbie with some things.

GoldenMotor.com

FlackieDK

May 11, 2010
Denmark
Hey ppl :)

Ive a few questions about my first build that i cant really figure out.

Be course my English not is what it could be, im going to show you some pictures of my problems :D

First Problem:
Big image: http://peecee.dk/uploads/052010/DSC02615.JPG

How do i connect the chain with the motor? - Do i need to split the chain first? as on a bicycle?

Second Problem:

My exhaust is hanging a bit low, and im a bit worried about that. Is it possible to bend it? Or should i buy a new?

Third Problem:

This **** is drivin' me crazy, this five wires?! How can is be that hard? - lol.

Ive connected the black and blue to the ' engine starter thing which start the engine ' but what is the white for?

The cut off bottom wires, where do i connect them? - Theres a yellow and a black? :S

Thanks from Denmark !

FlackieDK

May 11, 2010
Denmark
And, if you question me about, why ive chosen a so ugly bicycle, i can tell you that the cheapest cruiser bikes is around here in Denmark costs 600 dollars, which i dont have to this ' summer holiday project ' :)

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
I like the bike!
1. When you take the chain out of the plastic it shouldn't be connected at the ends like a loop. You will have to fit it to the bike. Most likely you will have to shorten it and use the master link to connect the ends.

2. I can't see the color all of the wires but I can tell you the white wire is an output wire for an accessory like a headlight. Most recommend not to use it. Just wrap it up out of the way. Also most will tell you the kill switch is cheap and breaks easily. I wired a toggle switch up to it for a kill switch.

3. You can bend the curved part of the exhaust inbetween where it attaches to the engine and where it gets to be a larger diameter. You have to use a torch of some sort to get it glowing red them bend it. If you do this make sure it is off of the engine.

Hope this helps.

tudorvintiloiu

Apr 19, 2010
Romania
1. The chain has a master link. You have to shorten it and close it back up using the master link.
2. Why did you use that piece of wood on the engine mount? Try and fit the engine higher on the frame. As a last resort, the exhaust can be bent. But very carefully.
3.Black to black, blue to blue, thw white one goes to the kill switch (the red button on the handle bars). There are two different ways to wire the bike, but I can't remember the second one.

Not an ugly bike at all. You should see mine..

Cheers from Romania!

FlackieDK

May 11, 2010
Denmark
There is no masterlink on the chain :S Its a cheap china chain i think.. ehm..

I would like to have the kill switch, so i would like to hear how i connect it :)

tudorvintiloiu - i cant mount the engine higher be course of the frames geometric.

But, Thanks for your answers guys!! :)

tudorvintiloiu

Apr 19, 2010
Romania
The only springs I can think of go on the clutch cable where it connects to the engine. The smaller one is more or less useless in my opinion, but the larger one in not actually a spring. It is a heat shield that protects the cluch cable from the heat of the engine.

tudorvintiloiu

Apr 19, 2010
Romania
I see in your pictures that you did not install them. And also you shouldn't have installed the clutch cable before putting the chain on the bike. You have to take off the little engine cover there to install the chain.

Santa_cruz_loc

Jan 15, 2010
Santa Cruz, CA.
The large spring is going to fit on the clutch cable to prevent the cable from melting against the engine. Also your wiring should go as follows:
Blue to blue to green. Black to black to yellow/red. The white you can ignore.
I don't see the back crank attached to your back wheel? Its hard to see if your bike is a coaster break or not. If it is, the crank that comes with the Chinese kits will not fit properly and you will have to find someone who can widen the center hole, but don't worry, it's easier and less expensive then you might think.
When you remove the chain from the bag, how it connects will be very self explanatory. Each bike is going to be a little different and you will have to remove a few links to get it to fit rite. you don't need some expensive chain breaker to do this. Most of us use a rubber mallet and screwdriver to pop off the links.
Your muffler looks like it has good clearance from the ground. Now, how does it peddle? Do your peddles hit the muffler? If they do, that's a problem. You will get 20 different answers from 20 different people if you ask how to fix this. If you have the tools, then heating and bending would be the simplest, but take your time with it. Do it slowly or you will kink it.
If you continue to have problems, then you are in the right place. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The people are friendly and have solutions for the problems you may encounter in the future. Keep us up to date with your build, so far it's looking good!