Boy-go-fast?

GoldenMotor.com

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
I have been on this web site everyday for the last 5 months. I have heard what seems like nothing good about Boy-go-fast on ebay. So i will be blunt here.. I say lets all rise up against this guy and buy nothing from him until he sells what is in his pictures, calling people back when they have gottin a bad part and answering the phone/fax/cell/email or whatever when someone has a problem. This kind of salesmenship is not honest and we deserve better. I will not buy from him and i will tell other people to BEWARE! Sorry to go off like this but it drives me up a wall.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im afraid I can't get on board. I bought my kit from him and got what I paid for in a timely manner. Everyone has different experiences though.

Just thought there should be a second opinion. By the way I have said this same thing at least a dozen times here.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I have done well with his kits and service and one day response by email. I will be placing an order with him today for piston rings. I can not claim his status as an angel but as an honest businessman selling me the product he advertises I can vouch for him. I may change vendors to a bit more pricey one just to get to better quality.

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Filestyle, lennyharp, and deacon, I've got to say that I'm with you. They have always responded back to me within a day. The kits were cheap (I bought 3) and I got what I paid for it. They work and I got them fast.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I'm with them. I ordered the engine kit and I got a complete engine kit. No problems or hassles. I can't say anything bad about the guy at this point.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
With most vendors, if you send a nasty, mean, abrasive e-mail to them, they will NOT get back to you.

I am not accusing anyone of doing that, just speaking in general

Last edited:

NID_FTL

Aug 25, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Like I have said B4 I plan to buy a HT, chengine just to see how it's made and maybe some useful part's for my weedwacker ride project. This thread goes to show you how each person's experience with the same seller can differ greatly. sometimes your tone can affect the service you recieve. I have read a lot of feedback on e-bay and one thing I did notice was a lot of people with little or no mechanical knolege" buy theese kit's and this is not a kit for an ammature hobbiest. Other buyers feedback reply to others neg. feedback was simply. "Not for Dumb People" LOL I always ask questions b4 I buy anything on e-bay and the 3 e-bay merchants I have contacted one of was boy go fast, either did not reply or did not answer my questions, well enough for me to come up off 200 bucks at this time. lol but I'm am anixous too. hehehe Jimbo...

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
A day or so ago I sent an email to boygofast for piston rings, and today got a response. I told him a little about this discussion and he sent a great letter back saying he has worked for 3 years to give good motors at a good price and still good service. The demanding customer with no patience or explanation of the problem is a hard one to deal with. Well it was long but this jives with what some here have said.

NID_FTL

Aug 25, 2008
Sunny South Florida
well, I think I may give Boy go fast a try. seems he has the best price of all now 169.00 with free shipping. I don't imigine anyone else can beat that price. and he does seem to really try to provide coustomer service. I am patient and willing to give him a shot. I will keep you all posted with my experience. I am not a hard customer, but not an easy push over either.
Jimbo...

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
i bought the bgf kit and the instructions? i did not get any so i am building this thing blind
can any one help
Contact the seller and ask him for the pdf instruction file link which you can download. Instructions from another seller would also work, since all these basic kits are very much the same. I think thatsdax has on online version of an installation manual.
I bought two engine kits from boygofast. They shipped quickly and were complete. I also purchased a pull start add on and immediately broke a part inside it, which was my own fault. I emailed asking if a replacement part was available and he sent me one free. I didn't expect that. I think one of the main problems with this seller is his poor English and sometimes poor descriptions in his online store. I don't think he is a bad guy trying to rip people off. I would suggest if you aren't already familiar with these engines and it is your first build to buy from someone else where you can email and get clear directions on what you're doing wrong. If you know what you're doing, his kit prices are darned tempting. The dual pull 80cc I bought and am still breaking in is a nice little motor. No doubt there are better ones out there, but this one starts easily, runs smoothly and does what it needs to do. My own experience with him has been fine.
Silverbear

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
my motor is a BGF engine even tho I bought it thru luckyearlybird. ( had BGF stamp on box ).. really decent. runs good... the instruction manual is usually downloadable from BGF off of the ebay listings

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
A couple yrs back I bought a BGF. At that time it was the cheapest (Last I checked Dax was now cheaper) But I bought from them just to experiment with the cheapest kit I could get. I have lost trac of how many miles it has on it but it is at least 2 yrs old and been on 3 different bikes. No complaints although it was a dog from day one but I beat on it from day one and I have done nothing other then tightening up the head bolts. Last night I had a good old meet the road crash. As I was laying in the st. trying to assess the body damage, then stopped and thought; "The dang BGF engine is still running?" it was. Kinda cracked me up. Swapped out the broken clutch and going to test it in the morning. With all that being said, I have never had to contact them for any thing

scooterhoot

Aug 2, 2009
Britton,mi
I got my kit from BGF, not 100% sat. but fast FREE shipping. Sent my questions out to AZ ( Spooky Tooth) and got soild honest answers.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
can't complain about BGF, he's sold me some parts for my 49, and some motorcycle racing shorts that are pretty comfy and good for riding, and they were here 2 days after i placed my order. i had ne of the pipes i bought from him crack, and he replaced it for free.