new to motorbicycling

GoldenMotor.com

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
I got my first kit last week and I love it. The info on this site is out of this world. I have never seen a bunch of people so helpful to others thanks for all your posts. I have two questions about these
motors. 1. has any one ever made a or bought a rubber motor mount for these kits. The reason I ask is today I was on a ride and one of the rear bolts came lose and my motor got quiet and I had a lot more power. 2. What can I do to the exhaust to help with power. I wheight 300 lbs and need a little more from my motor,dnutdnut Again thanks for your time guys this is a great site

specialized hardrock with an 80cc raw motor 44t 28mpdnut

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Welcome to the Forum. There are several ways to use rubber on the mounts. Riders have used anything from inner tubes to car bushings. The idea is to sandwich the rubber between the mount and the frame.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Guys on this forum have also used leather, lead sheet, handlebar tape, etc in the engine mount to reduce vibration.
Your engine will gain power as you break it in. There is a category in this forum dedicated to adding power to your engine. Check it out to see what works (and what doesn't).

chelseagr

Feb 9, 2009
SO Cal
Hi Everybody!
I am new to this forum and just wanted to say hi and tell you that I am so excited to be a part of this!.cptr.

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
Well just made my new motor mount for the rear and it works great.
I also drilled two holes in my baffle the same size as the original outlet
and it made a big difference. I weigh 300 lbs and can do 30 mph now. Next I
am going to do the expansion camber mod. I love the way the pipe sounds
now. .duh.

Anyone live in FRESNO CA hit me up

oldcliff

Feb 9, 2009
Wilmington Ohio
Welcome to the forum phillymitch. I tried using a bike inter tube for a rubber shock on my beach cruiser. It didn't seem to help much. In fact the engine had a more flexing mount and seemed to shake more. However the vibrations didn't transmit to the frame. I was more worried about gas foaming in the float bowl from the vibrations.

Whatever you do make sure to use the blue locktite on the frame mounting bolts. It keeps them from coming loose.

Oldcliff