Sup I'm Gabe

GoldenMotor.com

glh290

Feb 22, 2015
Michigan
Hello I'm Gabe I'm a electric engineer at heart, and love programming, I love learning new things.

I have rebuilt cars with my dad essentially from the ground up , So a lot of motorized things come fairly easy to me and are muscle memory so excuse my lack of terminology in future posts.

I am interested in motorizing bicycles but am kinda flustered with the information provided around the net. I look forward to making some posts to help get my Questions answered.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Welcome, You could potentially be a huge boon to our electrical community :) Whatever you decide to build, post lots of pictures, these people love the eye candy ;)

glh290

Feb 22, 2015
Michigan
I could technically build a controller for e-bikes, but before doing so I would much rather tinker with e bikes, then design a controller when I have money to spare for prototyping, and only use and sell them after I know they are stable and can handle a bit of a beating.

I cannot wait for the Voltera pcb printer then I don't need to ship out my pcb desings and waste money and time on something broke.

I would probably wait for the Voltera before making a controller also simply because I have already wasted a ton of my own money on expensive small pcb runs and could prototype with ease with the Voltera.

Thank you all for being a friendly community

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Welcome Gabe.
There is just about anything you'll want to know archived here. This a great place filled with knowledgeable folks, and you'll get a lot of help.
What type of build are you interested in? Have you decided on a bike or motor etc?

glh290

Feb 22, 2015
Michigan
Im interested in a Motorized bike or trike for heavy set people(i myself am fairly heavy) that could pull a trailer, from the answers i had gotten im looking for a 4 stroke Trike, and i may mod a trike with some fat tires if i do it.

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
Hey Gabe. Welcome to motorbicycling. I'm fairly new to the forums as well. These folks here are full of information, and have helped me out tremendously. They cover everything you could ever imagine and much more.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Just check your laws before spending a lot of money on something you can't ride.
Maybe get a china kit and toss one together and ride while you build what you want,that way you can take your time.
Welcome aboard,would be cool to see a trike built with fat 26" Mongoose beast tires or the like...........Curt

BOYGOFAST

Sep 28, 2013
Citrus Springs Fl.
Cut and dry man, there's nothing to know you own a machine shop you build whatever you got the prints for outside that get the lightest kit possible if you don't for one the price the second is the weight on the frame and wheels you'll want decent stuff to build off of. I've got a steel frame with a set of double wall wheels that a minimum to start with. Your looking at a few options likely one is saving money if not by one completely finished.