new bike question

GoldenMotor.com

porter1

Sep 3, 2014
michigan
I just bought this 3 days ago, new motor, is the spark plug supposed to be oily, the guy said to run 24x1 for 2 tanks. what should I run after that. I took the china plug out and put in a ngk. will it be broke in after 2 tanks of gas? thanks, mike.brnot

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
after 2 tanks, I go to 32:1 - there will still be several hundred miles till it is completely ready to make full power, but will improve almost daily during that time

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I recommend you get yourself a 1 gallon gas can specifically for your bike.

For break-in I run 25:1 (5.2 oz. 2/3 Cup)
Thereafter 32:1 (4 oz 1/2 Cup)

I have a glass kitchen measuring cup for adding oil to the gas can.

Just gas your bike up before you leave home and when it's empty fill it back up and mix again.

The point is trying to mix it in the tank is not a good idea and too much oil just clogs your exhaust pipe up and drips oil.

Also note there are synthetic oils like Opti you can mix up to 100:1 that still lube your engine but they are expensive.

On the other hand, the less oil in with the fuel the better as oil doesn't combust.

a.graham52

Nov 22, 2013
island of misfit toys, maine
to answer your plug question. in some ways it should be oily. especially if you just ran it a few minutes before you pulled the plug, or if its running wicked rich. ride it the way it is until you complete break in and then re evaluate the plug.