Plug color

GoldenMotor.com

Djfanforlife88

Feb 28, 2014
Virginia beach
usflgWhat do you think, the electrode looks lean to me but the bottom of the plug looks correct. Am I looking at it wrong, got a 66/80cc Flying Horse Silver Angle Fire Bicycle Engine Kit/speed carb using the opti oil with needle on 3rd notch down. To me sounds like it is missing.shft.

Attachments

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh.Do a plug chop. The way you do that is get the bike up to operateing tempature then start rideing and while rideing open the throttle allthe way that does not mean you have to be going full speed just after you are cruiseing speed open the throttle all the way then hit the kill switch while holding the throttle open and let the bike come to a full stop. do not grab the cluth lever until almost to a complete stop then pull the spark plug and look at the color and whether or not the plug is real wet or dry.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh.Don't get me wrong here Your bike does not have to be going full speed it can be 1/2 speed 1/3 speed I mean that your throttle grip has to be all the way open and hit the kill switch and hold the throttle grip wide open until it comes to a stop. The speed of the bike has nothing to do with doing the plug chop.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If you try to remove the spark plug when the cylinder head and plug are hot you might very well be ordering a new cylinder head. The aluminum used to cast the head is soft so therefore so are the threads where the plug goes. The steel plug will be hot and expanded in the head. Do not remove a plug from a Chinese 2 stroke engine when it is hot.

Allow the engine to cool a little, ten minutes or so, before attempting to remove the spark plug. These aren't Harleys or Hondas. Treat them a little softer.

Tom

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh.Even Harleys Hondas Or any motor that has just been run you always let the motor cool down before removeing the spark plug no matter what brand it is.