New guy from Boston

GoldenMotor.com

stinkfoot

Jul 10, 2014
Boston
Good afternoon,

Name is anthony and I just purchased my first motorized bicycle! It's a huffy panama jack frame with a 49cc engine, paid 150 picked up. Unfortunately, it's not running at the moment.

Prior to throwing it into the trunk of my coupe me and the older gentleman did some tinkering and was able to get it running for a little. Did about 3 laps before it bogged out.

Out of pure excitement I took it home anyway. After work today I do plan on doing some tuning so I can get this thing going. brnot

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, $150 for a m/b that runs sounds like a deal. If you need help or info this is the place to find it!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you don't know how long the fuel mixture has been in the tank I would empty it first, drain the carb also to get as much old fuel out as possible . you said 49cc is it a two or four stroke? If its a two stroke the right pre-mix makes a difference, if its been run long enough to seat the rings most here run a mixture around 32/1 with a good 2 cycle oil designed for air cooled engines.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum and to the hobby. As Greg said, if you need help or advice we're always here. We also urge the use of our extensive search feature which has information about every aspect of motorized bicycles. Just type in a key word/s and you'll have lots to read on any subject.
Have fun, ride safe.

Tom

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Welcome stinkfoot, Entering the MB world for $150 bucks, lucky you. Of course you're not off the hook yet. Now that you have been exposed to the sickness you will soon be like the rest of us. lol