Any Welders For Hire in L.A.? It's Almost Time.

GoldenMotor.com

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Why not get a real Honda and not the China copy?

You're gonna have big bucks in this, a few extra for the motor is nothing.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Why not get a real Honda and not the China copy?

You're gonna have big bucks in this, a few extra for the motor is nothing.
I'm trying to keep the price down if you can believe that. I dumped $4200 into my last bike. This new bike will cost less than $1500.

The china 200 clone will have a 50 Watt dual charge coil with a genuine Honda flywheel already installed. I need constant 12V power to the brake lights, turn signals and headlight. It will be ready to go, Out Of The Box.

http://www.nrracing.com/product-p/eng-rac-cl-level1.htm

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I accidentally killed my Dremel Tool real good, so I gotta wait for a HF version to get here to grind those chainstay tubes to a close fit on the down tube.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Range is nominal and closing fast Captain!
Fire the LASER at will Sulu!
Aye Captain, commence firing! No affect Captain!
Engine Room, I need maximum warp like right now Scotty!
I can not guarantee that the engines will hold up Captain! :)

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I would spend the extra $160 (10%) and get a real Honda. I love the disclaimer re the flywheel (not recommended, prone to explode)

So, you are OK with the rest of the motor being made by the same Co that does the exploding flywheels? And you can reduce that cost by the flywheel cost too.

Less than 10% of your build for a genuine 100% Honda.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I would spend the extra $160 (10%) and get a real Honda. I love the disclaimer re the flywheel (not recommended, prone to explode)

So, you are OK with the rest of the motor being made by the same Co that does the exploding flywheels? And you can reduce that cost by the flywheel cost too.

Less than 10% of your build for a genuine 100% Honda.
I just might do a real Honda GX200 now that I see it on their list. I just now saw it. I'm still a ways away from thinking about a motor of any kind right now. I'm all encompassed on that bike frame right now.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
What's that you say? You say you never seen an obtuse dropout before? I can't say that I have either. Until now. Sure hope it works. Cutting 1/4" plate with a $20 HF grinder is TEDIOUS!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
this is when a plasma cutter would come in handy???? or a ??

but you are getting it on -- go go go

best
You said it Buba! I almost lost a leg and a few fingers getting cocky with my angle grinder......with the guard off of course. LMAO

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Oh the HORROR of welding 1/4" plate to 1/16" tubing. THE HORROR! Too many amps for 1/4" plate penetration and you risk vaporizing the tubing. Too little amps and you risk no penetration to the plate. I'm not even putting a pic up til I clean up this disaster. laff

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
If you are talking about the stays to the dropouts, just braze 'em. You have plenty of surface area and it will be mondo strong w/o any worry of melting the steel.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
practice practice practice

also--- direction of pistol towards the heavier gauge material might also be helpful--
as well as your pistol movement faster on the lighter gauge /or pause on the heavier

practice practice practice ---- i know you will get it

best

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
practice practice practice

also--- direction of pistol towards the heavier gauge material might also be helpful--
as well as your pistol movement faster on the lighter gauge /or pause on the heavier

practice practice practice ---- i know you will get it

best
Oh I'm practicing alright. The only problem is that I'm practicing on my bike frame. That can't be a good thing can it? laff

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
no- no- no

scrap yard or neighborhood found objects are just right for practice-
don't want to burn the good stuff until you feel confident to do it right

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
no- no- no

scrap yard or neighborhood found objects are just right for practice-
don't want to burn the good stuff until you feel confident to do it right
Too late now. Left and right chain-stay and seat-stay are now aligned and welded to their respective dropouts . Tomorrow they will join the down tube in holy welded matrimony. :)

How hard is it to build a jig-less bike frame? It's hard. No doubt about it......but not impossibly hard.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
wow mike

I thought you would have a jig or some structure by which to align etc--do you? did you?

my action freehand to date- and that is about to change drastically- has been with existent bike pieces and some additional tubing pieces etc. so for you working with individual pieces --well amazing

I am sure you will do great however you get it accomplished

best

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
wow mike

I thought you would have a jig or some structure by which to align etc--do you? did you?

my action freehand to date- and that is about to change drastically- has been with existent bike pieces and some additional tubing pieces etc. so for you working with individual pieces --well amazing

I am sure you will do great however you get it accomplished

best
I'm using a laser for alignment......the straightest line known to man. Still ain't easy though. LOL