ebay kit

GoldenMotor.com

Scol

Jan 10, 2014
Ireland
I'm now to the site and looking into buying a kit. I live in Ireland
with shipping costs I'm looking for a kit somewhere in Europe.

I came accross petrolscooter.co.uk can anyone know anything
about their engines they sell as they don't give any warranty.

Shey.

Aleebi

Dec 17, 2013
Fremont
Is this a two-stroke or a four-stroke kit? You might want to post in the respective threads found under "Bicycle Motor."

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. The engines we buy from China have a short, very limited warranty but it takes a lot of effort to get the dealer to honor it. I think we have a member on this site from County Cork that has built a few motorized bikes.

Scol

Jan 10, 2014
Ireland
I have not purchased the Kit yet but I'm now thinking of going with the 4 stroke
option. I'm getting my bicycle ready at the moment so hopefully I'll purchase the kit
next week.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Cool, Scol. Post lots of pictures of your build.

The "putting her together" is half the fun.
The first time she fires up and moves you under power is really exhilarating, too.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Welcome to the site m8. regardless of which motor you go with , please allow me to offer a bit of advise . If your able to find an old rubber bicycle tube Cut it up & wrap some rubber around the frame so the bottom of the gas tank rests on it this will cut down on serious vibration as well as keep the tank from vibrating loose and saved the paint on the bicycle as wel.

I use rubber and some reversed gorilla duct tape so it sticks to the frame and the tank when you mount it also "LOCKTITE" is your fried when building these Some good advise is to build the bike ride it a little then sit down with a cold pint & have a go over each nut and bolt again this time use the lock tite chances are you may have to make a few adjustments and its best to not have them covered in locktite until your sure you don't need to removing said nut or bolt again .

I also use a small chunk of tube rubber on both motor mounts frame side and mount side . It really does help out a lot then I also use a 3"chunk of tube to hold my clutch lever in when rolling the bike around or in & out of the house. The best advise I got from these wonderful folks on this site is to NEVER EVER remove or snug down a head bolt or any bolt on a hot motor the threads will get destroyed

The factory provided sp
ring locking clutch lever is nice but do not trust it while the bike is running "IT WILL HURT YOU!! " all you need is to tap it slightly and the clutch will spring release the clutch causing the bicycle to lunge forward.knocking your big brothers beer out of his hand & pissing hi off royally Esp. after he just got done telling you not to trust that spring ...but you didn't listen nooo !! :)..In case you didn't guess that last part actually happened to me !

Good luck with your build M 8

P.S. I actually do know how to take pictures I just had to chop this one to make it fit into the 2200 x 1500 pixle req.

Attachments

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
truckd that picture wasn't supposed to go into that post, it was right next to another bicycler pic but my wife told me to leave it . I cant keep any of them .they aren't mine to keep Besides I have cats these guys would use as chew toys

My family had two shepherds when my brother & I was growing up that looked exactly like these two, ours were named "Star & Thor" .. I love Shepherds & Huskies & Cats . In fact I love all animals I like them more than most people to !

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
We also had a Shepard when I was a Kid named Star she was all white with a perfect Black star on her forehead one of the best dogs we've ever had.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
we had shepherds when I was growing up, we had a silver and black male that was born bob tailed and guess what his name was.....? LOL Bob
Where we live we had several rattle snake dens in the area and they crossed right through our front yard a lot, so we needed as amny eyes watching out for them as possible, ole Bob killed a bunch of them, I would be out playing and he would find one and rip into it to protect myself and my brother, he was fortunate enough to always get bit on the head when he did, he would swell up and then he would heal up, never phased him to go into the next rattler he saw, he would only walk to the edge of our land and then stop, it's almost like there was an invisible barrier that only he saw and he would not take one stepo beyond that point no matter what, some idiot that was going through the country side and throwing out poison meat brought the end to ole Bob, nearly everyone in that whole area lost their dogs and several cats over that deal, freaking idiot was lacing meat with strychnine and was never caught, I think if I caught someone doing that, well lets just say he wouldn't have the guts to do that again.....!

Sorry about this I know it has nothing to do with the original question ask here and if you mods wish to can this post I understand, the dog post just got my attention and I got off on a rabbit trail, when my ole Bob came to mind.

Map

Last edited: