electrical

GoldenMotor.com

JimL5150

Dec 31, 2012
sonora,ca
Hey Fellas I am new here and need a hand. I am confused about the instalation of the cdi/kill switch. from the engine I have blue and black and white. Blue and black from cdi I get that. Then I got green and yellow with a red stripe from the kill switch. Im thinkin white to yellow and green to ground.
this is my first time and I dont want to cook anything. Little help??:-||

pedron

Dec 31, 2012
Puerto Rico
i dont have a kill switch ,and i dont know about that but i think that it would be more pretty and more easy to stop your motor using the choke.. hope this helps you

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hey Fellas I am new here and need a hand. I am confused about the instalation of the cdi/kill switch. from the engine I have blue and black and white. Blue and black from cdi I get that. Then I got green and yellow with a red stripe from the kill switch. Im thinkin white to yellow and green to ground.
this is my first time and I dont want to cook anything. Little help??:-||
Welcome to the forum. We're always glad to help but you should also be aware of the search feature that will probably offer you all the advice you could ask for. Just type in a word or phrase and select from the menu provided. Here's an example > http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=11550

As for your wiring issue: Wire blue to blue, black to black, wrap and insulate the white wire so it can not come in contact with any metal part. (many of us remove it completely)

The kill switch is simply a normally open momentary switch so wire colors do not matter. They should be spliced into the blue and black connections from the engine/CDI circuit.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
i dont have a kill switch ,and i dont know about that but i think that it would be more pretty and more easy to stop your motor using the choke.. hope this helps you
The kill switch is considered a safety device. Relying on the choke or clutch to stop the engine in an emergency situation could be dangerous. Stuck throttle, broken clutch cable or lever and a fast speed will call for a better way to shut down the engine.
We always recommend that the kill switch be wired in correctly and used.

Tom

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
MY Carb stuck wide open a month ago. Without a KILL switch, I would have run into a Car. Brakes, Tires, Kill Switch, Helmet, 4 main food groups for riding an MB.(c)

pedron

Dec 31, 2012
Puerto Rico
The kill switch is considered a safety device. Relying on the choke or clutch to stop the engine in an emergency situation could be dangerous. Stuck throttle, broken clutch cable or lever and a fast speed will call for a better way to shut down the engine.
We always recommend that the kill switch be wired in correctly and used.

Tom
well thats my way, my carb dont have filter and dont have the lever of choke, i simply put my finger on it and it stops the motor... i dont beleive on kill swich because i had a lot of problems with them , so i decided to eliminate that.. my MB is for racing porpuse so i dont use that... but the right way is using the kill switch

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
An important thing to remember......a kill switch doesn't always kill the engine!

If your engine gets stuck with wide-open throttle, the kill switch may not kill the engine, so don't rely on it in an emergency situation. Do use it by all means but also apply the brakes and compression release if applicable. You can also try to pull the plug wire if possible but you may get a good shock in the process so don't panic.

Just some helpful hints to keep from getting hurt in a panic situation.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
An important thing to remember......a kill switch doesn't always kill the engine!

If your engine gets stuck with wide-open throttle, the kill switch may not kill the engine, so don't rely on it in an emergency situation. Do use it by all means but also apply the brakes and compression release if applicable. You can also try to pull the plug wire if possible but you may get a good shock in the process so don't panic.

Just some helpful hints to keep from getting hurt in a panic situation.
Good points, I hope that you are OK and didn't get hurt when your throttle got stuck.