New member here

GoldenMotor.com

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY
You all sound male and young! LOL Im a middle aged lady who LOVES to ride her bike. I was going to buy a assisted bike(electric) but it would be more trouble than its worth(imagine running out of electric in a middle of a ride?). I really am using it as an assist vehicle. Im in NY which is a no no here I've heard. Im doing a couple of things to make it less noticeable that Im using a engine. One is a cover of some sort...like a front saddle bag thats been cut to fit (no front or back or bottom just the sides) and a gas tank out of a aluminum cup(those coffee style ones)? Don't know if I can actually do that but I would like to try. Also since I will be pedaling that will make it less noticeable too. Anyway I'm here to learn a few things. Nice to be here.

.blady

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum!

Folks have disguised their engines before. A friction drive might be just the ticket for your idea.

I will say that even though these motorized bikes are a no no in Ohio, I have had minimal problems with the law.

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY
Friction drive? Had to Google that. Sounds good if I buy a second one. Right now I have a front set. HAHA We have some older ones here. Yeah!! Thats a relief!! Not that I don't mind younger ones. LOL

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
And some of us are older than others :) but we're all here to help when we can.
Good luck with your project. Post photos when complete.
Have fun, ride safe.

Tom

superharry

Mar 10, 2012
Mira Loma, CA.
Young at heart! My bike is uber quiet, and have yet to even be looked at by PD. If you plan on pedaling most of the time, it should be no problem. IMHO....

She

Apr 28, 2012
NY
Hey thanks super Harry. Thats good to know. I plan on using it to go back and fro to work. I also plan to take it on the train at times...covered up of course. After I get used to it...who knows....

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Don't rule out electric. Pedaling along with the motor can really exyend the range.