New member from Lancaster, PA

GoldenMotor.com

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
Ciao!

New member from Lancaster, PA. I have several mopeds and after seeing this forum I decided to built a Guzzi Board track racer.

Started the built this Christmas, its on its way and hopefully done before the summer is here.
Murray frame, 65cc Guzzi motor, hand built tank, knobby tires etc... I'll propably do a small "built up" writing in the Board Track forum once I'm far enough to know it will be a bike and not an anchor for my canoe...

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Too, welcome.

Great looking build! Really, really like your tank. When ya do a thread, please post a link.

Toofat2fly

Jan 11, 2012
PA
Wow that is a great tank, how did you form it or was it scavenged from a motorcycle , welcome .
I bought a Kawasaki 600 ($25) tank from E-bay, since these tanks have good shapes that would work. (and I did not have any steel, so I though it was the cheapest way to do it.)
Basically just 6 hours of beating it with round nylon hammers on top of sandbag.

Second picture is testing the T-Ford "Neva-Lost" radiator cap on it. Looks like I'll have to learn how to do brazing, since i need to join steel and brass..

Once I am not in the garage all night, I'll try to start a write up in Board tracker forum soon....

Attachments

Last edited:

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
wow thats a lot of hammer work , I've hand formed the same way in the past ,then built an english wheel . I am going to be watching your build looks sweet already.
Gary

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I bought a Kawasaki 600 ($25) tank from E-bay, since these tanks have good shapes that would work. (and I did not have any steel, so I though it was the cheapest way to do it.)
Basically just 6 hours of beating it with round nylon hammers on top of sandbag.

Second picture is testing the T-Ford "Neva-Lost" radiator cap on it. Looks like I'll have to learn how to do brazing, since i need to join steel and brass..

Once I am not in the garage all night, I'll try to start a write up in Board tracker forum soon....
Whooly sheet metal work fatman, very cool. The cap is an awesome touch

Gnu, ya built your own English wheel? Ya gotta do a thread if ya haven't.

Ya got me going. https://www.google.com/search?q=bui....,cf.osb&fp=2303290c933ce3a0&biw=1024&bih=456

Sorry for the ramble on your thread 2F2F.