Let's build a tool kit

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Assuming a lockable trunk so that the tools stay with the bike what would your ideal road kit be? I'm thinking a pump and spare tube are a must. What else should the well equipped cruiser carry :confused:

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
I have a Chinese 2 stroke...So my kit will have to include a socket kit with a 10, 13, 14,and 15, flat head and Phillips interchangeable screw driver, pliers, allen wrenches, and some spare screws, fix a flat, and a co2 cartridge mini bike pump.

mralaska

Aug 16, 2008
Deerfield, NH
When I rode motorcycles in another life I used to use master links to clip the cables and wires together. Some trips I had wires hanging out at the end of a run but nobody around me ever got towed home packin' their chain! I used to carry full socket sets and just about everything I would ever need in a leather saddle bag. On these Chinafire kits all I need is a few tools and maybe a spare engine kit if I make a long trip, still less weight than the ol' saddle bag.

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
a cell phone works for me if I ever need to use it. So far I haven't.
Definitely a cellphone, and a few small wrenches small, philips head/and flat screwdrivers, small adjustable wrench, flat patch kit, cash....(^):ride2: Oh! and a pump.

Last edited:

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Here is what I carry. The first pic are the tools, the second is where I carry it, the third is my pump that I have mounted to look like a manual oil pump.
Now that's a nice bike, full pics of bike would be awesome.... very cool, where did you get that seat? I could see someone pull up to their vintage bi-plane in that bike(^) and take off into the sky...

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Hopefully, it will be re-assembled this weekend. Then, plenty of pics.

The seat was a bare seat with no upholstery I got off eBay for 12 or 15 bucks. I covered it with goat hide.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Is a suweet ride Hough.

The tool thing, above all else, an even carpy multi-tool pocket thing will get ya home. I have one bike I carry any thing I might need shy of tubes and a pump. (I R slow and should) But on the 4 smoker, Alls I carry is a wanna-be leatherman. For a 2 stroke ChinaGirl, need a ratcheting 10 mm, a box 10 mm, a bicycle all in one tool and a leatherman like devise.

Last edited:

twowheeledfox

Oct 21, 2009
Houston TX
10-15mm sockets, ratchet, phillips screwdriver, standard screwdriver, hex wrench multi-tool (for the frame), spare battery pack for the lights, two spare inners for the tires.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
After maybe 50 rides without needing any tools I now carry a small adj. wrench and a small multi. screw driver which fit easily in a pocket.