Electrical problems-no spark

GoldenMotor.com

Monosapio

Jul 16, 2010
Dallas
Wondering if anyone can give a breakdown of the electric components or a way to test the ignition coil. Bought a new one and having trouble. Why would the solenoid or cdi starter become defective?
Thanks for any help.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Disconnect the kill switch and give it a go.

CDI pack GOOD Mine
Black to Blue 1150kΩ 7.6 meg Ω
Black to Plug 2.6kΩ 2.17K Ω
Blue to Plug 1150kΩ OPEN

Magneto
Blue to White 327Ω 349Ω
Black to Blue 327Ω 347Ω
Black to White 2.1Ω 2.1Ω
Black to Gnd 0Ω 0.3Ω
Blue to Gnd 327Ω 347Ω
White to Gnd 2.1Ω 2.3Ω

Origanaly posted by Fairracing. This should help. I am not sure where the sticky is at the moment.

Attachments

Monosapio

Jul 16, 2010
Dallas
I have made sure the carb was cleaned and adjusted throttle and air intake, pulled out plug to look for spark while pedaling, drained tank and saw all lines working. Also fresh gas with 20:1 oil mix. I don't run a kill switch.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I have made sure the carb was cleaned and adjusted throttle and air intake, pulled out plug to look for spark while pedaling, drained tank and saw all lines working. Also fresh gas with 20:1 oil mix. I don't run a kill switch.
When you pulled the plug to check for spark while pedaling, did you ALSO touch the threads of the plud to the head to ground it while pedaling??? (very important!!!)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Did you check the plug "boot" or cap? They come apart internally on occasion.
Is the wire screwed down tight into the CDI?
All connections tight (including the ones inside the case)?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Oops it just dawned on me I don't even know if he has a china 2 stroke?:oops: That's what that ohm chart and diagram is for.

Monosapio

Jul 16, 2010
Dallas
Thanks for the posts. This bike has run with this motor for a few years. It is a china twostroke. I did make sure to ground the plug with a bungee. How do I check these connections I should tighten and how do I get INside the case? This is a new replacement piece so the cap boot is fine. The bike has been outside exposed to heat for the last four months.

DVBikes

Oct 27, 2009
Tampa,Florida
Change the spark plug i have noticed that people tend to crack them and they wont spark ive had. i few neibors that i have fixed and it blew my mind why there was no spark. and it was the plug try getting a new one and let me know

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Even new plugs can come cracked a hair line fracture in the insulation will doom it. Do cross you P's and Q's with the simplest stuff first.