full suspension OCC chopper almost ready 4 paint

GoldenMotor.com

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yes it does...Build time on this bike is irrellevant though. I could have bought a Harley with the time I've put into this Occ but O well I enjoy the challenge.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Mind you it wasn't hours on end...More like hmmm I'm tired of wrenching OOO product test time. Go stand on one leg on the seat and hop up and down for half an hour or so, multiple times makes for hours of test time!

The Newbie!

May 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
I'm glad it worked out for ya dude, it didn't work out for me in that position, as I didn't have the formula! I would still like to get that equation that ya used, seeing how ya did all the math n all b4 ya even placed it! Here are a couple pics of how I ended up doing it, the black 1 is the 1 that I did first n like you said about yers, the ass end kinda slopes downward. Now if I had 2 350lb springs as opposed to the 650 and 750 lb spring that are on the 1st 1 it might straighten out when I sat on it, but I think the next 1 which is the picture of the raw frame just might straighten out when I sit on it, as I was able to get a hold of a stubby shock with a 650lb spring which will be the only 1 I use on this build, which is actually gonna be an OCC trike! Here check em out...I used the "eyeball" method, no math involved, and the 1st 1 works great, but I admit that it's a little stiffer than I would prefer it to be! Oh n there is a difference between the pic of the black 1 that doesn't have the seat or the back tire on it and the pic of it sittin on the sidewalk, can ya pick it out? Hint Brett Mavriks bike was obviously an inspiration to my build as well, love the rot rad look! (notice the jackshaft, which cam after the shocks!)

Attachments

Last edited:

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
sorry if im reviving a old threaad but i have a question:
Do you think this could be done in boardtrack style? like a straight bar frame

front, end with the suspension rear???

also, if you look in the far right corner of terron's first pic there is a stalker....

Last edited:

The Newbie!

May 19, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
It just so happens that I went from the OCC R&D nitemare that I posted in this thread a long time ago, to a 26 inch raliegh BC! So I guess my answer would hafta be why couldn'tcha do it? Here look I'll try to get the pics

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
HI, i have been wanting to add suspension to my occ cause the rear keeps breaking and i have to reweld it.. i am hoping a rear shock would fix this issue and make for a more enjoyable ride at higher speeds...i found this picture and was wondering y you (who have already added suspension) didnt for for a more vertical position when mounting the shock... it seems more horizontal.. y not try something more like this???

http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/...zyhorse 4-stroke StretchCruisers/92-100_1.jpg

it just seems like it would be easier to secure one end of the spring to the seatpost and the other to the bottom of the bracket... than you could keep a fender that would move independently... any thoughts would be appreciated...