Rims

GoldenMotor.com

ryanstoyz

Mar 28, 2010
colorado
So I am hoping that someone can tell me how to keep a back rim on this thing. The one that is on now is going to be my 3rd one. Granted the 2nd one didn't break any spokes it took on a crub that the car ran me into. Road rash at 20 is still Road Rash doesn't matter how fast you land. But I cant seem to keep a rear rim on my bike is there that much vibration that is causing them to come loose. Is there a fix for this. And is there a place on the forums that I could search the google seach bar doesn't search the site from what I see. Thanks you have been great at all my other questions so maybe someone has an easy fix for this as well.

ryan

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
i use steel rims and 12 gauge spokes....26 x 2.125 on back with 26 x 1.95 tires....you can get them from niagra cycle or bike parts usa...around 38 dollars...coaster or free wheel...i use the free wheel because it becomes my chain tensioner for the bike side...never had a problem...good luck and ride safe...Dennis

ryanstoyz

Mar 28, 2010
colorado
I should have mentioned that I am running 700c rims I love that they are bigger but I don't know if that is causing any of my issues.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
But I cant seem to keep a rear rim on my bike is there that much vibration that is causing them to come loose...
I'd bet it's the stock "rag joint" sprocket mount that's messin' with ya as it puts the load on only 1/2 the spokes and it's well nigh impossible to get it centered & true. I'd heartily recommend getting a sprocket adapter ;)

The google search is a custom one and it does search the forum, try more keywords - the topic you're querying is a common one so yer prolly jus' getting swamped with returns. You could also try the standard forum search - that one is only good for one keyword (minimum of four characters), but the drop-down options of "search titles only" & "show threads" is kinda handy.