new member from Oklahoma

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum :D glad you joined us

:( Revolution has a VERY, VERY, VERY BAD reputation :( I know guy's who have gotten incomplete kit's, who have gotten the wrong kit, all kind's of stuff. And the guy will not help at all !!

I hate to give bad news, but you are probable stuck with what you got.

Ask any question's you might have, hopefully we can get you going.

:ride:

bills money pit

Jun 16, 2008
Thanks for the good news! Ha! Ha! The kit was complete but he would not respond to my questions. From what I gather on this forum, dax is the one to order parts from.
Observations:
The clutch lever is junk.
The gas tank cap leaks.
The chain is soft metal and streches easly.
The tensioner is junk.
Having said that, the engine was installed on a point beach crusier from Wal-Mart. I made a custom front mount and rubber mounted the engine, The engine runs well and here are the mods so far.
I took a 10 inch piece of cloth rolled it up and tied it around the gas cap. The cloth absorbs any leaking fuel.
I intend to replace the clutch lever with one dax sells with a push button.
In the future, I will replace the chain with a #41 from Tractor Supply.
I ordered a spring loaded chain tensioner from Tractor Supply.
Two questions:1. Is the engine suppose to idle? Mine does not, it runs well but will not idle. 2. I saw a photo of a bike frame on this forum that has a suspension front and rear. I would like to build a bike like that one and where could I buy one. And where could I purchase disk brakes for it.
Thanks for the welcome and information.
Bill

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi bill and welcome to the site. your bicycle motor carburetor has an idle screw and you should be able to get it to idle using that. i know i had to do a lot of fiddling with mine to get it right. glad to have you with us

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey Bill, welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. What part of OK are you from. I live in the Texas panhandle so I'm real close to OK. Post some pics of your build. We'd like to see it. Glad you joined us....................

bills money pit

Jun 16, 2008
hi bill and welcome to the site. your bicycle motor carburetor has an idle screw and you should be able to get it to idle using that. i know i had to do a lot of fiddling with mine to get it right. glad to have you with us
Thanks for the info, I did not remember seeing an idle screw other than the mixture screw. Are they one in the same?
Thanks!
Also, where can I get a bike frame that has front and rear suspension like the one I saw in a post on the forum?
Bill:)

bills money pit

Jun 16, 2008
Hey Bill, welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. What part of OK are you from. I live in the Texas panhandle so I'm real close to OK. Post some pics of your build. We'd like to see it. Glad you joined us....................
I live in the Oklahoma City metro in a city named Edmond. I have enjoyed the motorized bike thus far but the kit leaves much to be desired. I plan to build a bike with both front and rear suspension if someone will direct me to a source for a frame like the one I saw on the forum.
Bill

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
There is no mixture screw that Is the idle screw... run it in all the way then back out four and a half turns as a starting point.

All the chrome clutch levers are junk in my opinion. I use a brake lever and have never had a problem.

All the tensioners are dangerous. I have had two different ones. Now I have the rear wheel adjusted for the engine chain and the tensioner on the less used bike pedal chain. I haven't had a problem since.

I don't think too many of the kit suppliers are actually bike builders so they pretty much can't help even if they wanted to.

All the kit chains stretch they will stop after about a hundred miles on the bike.

Can't help you with the frame mine doesn't have any suspension at all. One of my many mistakes.

bills money pit

Jun 16, 2008
There is no mixture screw that Is the idle screw... run it in all the way then back out four and a half turns as a starting point.

All the chrome clutch levers are junk in my opinion. I use a brake lever and have never had a problem.

All the tensioners are dangerous. I have had two different ones. Now I have the rear wheel adjusted for the engine chain and the tensioner on the less used bike pedal chain. I haven't had a problem since.

I don't think too many of the kit suppliers are actually bike builders so they pretty much can't help even if they wanted to.

All the kit chains stretch they will stop after about a hundred miles on the bike.

Can't help you with the frame mine doesn't have any suspension at all. One of my many mistakes.
Thanks for the info, I saw a frame on this forum with both a front and rear suspension now I cannot find it, any ideas? Turning the idle screw which way does what?
Thanks
Bill

bills money pit

Jun 16, 2008
Thanks for the welcome. Seems just about any problem can be addressed by someone on the forum. good stuff.
Bill

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

This is the idel screw....In to raise the idel....out to lower idel

To change the air/fuel mixture...you have to change the clip on the needle jet... You will have to pull your carb off and take it apart....Thier is a post somewhere here how to do it.

Is this the bike you are talking about ???

bills money pit

Jun 16, 2008

This is the idel screw....In to raise the idel....out to lower idel

To change the air/fuel mixture...you have to change the clip on the needle jet... You will have to pull your carb off and take it apart....Thier is a post somewhere here how to do it.

Is this the bike you are talking about ???
Thanks for the reply. The bike I am searching for is just a frame only and later had pic with rims.
Bill

bills money pit

Jun 16, 2008

http://motorbicycling.com/f25/ezrs-full-suspension-summer-project-1286.html

Ahhh, that's another easy rider the same as the first pic I posted. If I remember right, he spent a while looking for the right frame. I had a double suspension bike but I built mine.

Their is the link above, ask Easy Rider about the frame, I'm sure he would be more then happy to answer any questions you might have.

:ride2:
Thats it, thanks for taking the time to find it. It should make a great motorized bike.
Bill