so whats the verdict on the 80cc slant?

GoldenMotor.com

Ardilla_Loca

Mar 24, 2009
Orange County, CA
People are still waiting for the slant heads to come in so more people can try it. They are supposed to be in around the 15th of April (at least some good news for tax day???).

Last edited:

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster, PA / Newark, DE
I bought the exact same motor and it definitely has more power than my old bgf. The only thing that worries me is that they use two head gaskets I guess to prevent the piston from hitting the head, I haven't checked yet... Two head gaskets=twice as much of a chance for a leak... Other than that I love it too bad I bought it to sell!! I have the slant cyl head on the old bgf and it did boost power.

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
My bike use to bog on this one hill i ride everyday in fifth gear (shifter kit), sometimes i would barely make it up with out downshifting... Now goes right up the same hill without any drop in rpm in the same gear.

The Jet silver motor I bought and installed on another bike pulls right up this steep hill (not the same hill as previously mentioned) with a 44t sprocket. Before I modded my bgf (ie. it was in new stock condition), I had to pedal assist the bike up this same steep hill with a 44t sprocket.

Obviously the new head made a difference for me on my BGF motor and in the PK 80 motor that you saw on ebay (i bought my Jet silver from the same people)

Thread on fitting slant head to non slant head motor:http://motorbicycling.com/f13/new-slant-heads-80ccs-compression-boost-6621.html
-Justin

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
I talked with the guy from zoom bicycleas and he said the slant heads would be in at the end of this week or first of next week. He said that the whole kits come with 2 head gaskets and he didn't know why.He said one head gasket was fine. I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about, but thats what he said.

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
I talked with the guy from zoom bicycleas and he said the slant heads would be in at the end of this week or first of next week. He said that the whole kits come with 2 head gaskets and he didn't know why.He said one head gasket was fine. I'm not sure he knows what he's talking about, but thats what he said.
I wonder if he's right cause it would boost compression maybe the newer motors have a different stroke or a longer cylinder

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
Its hard for me to believe that tilting the sparg plug will increase power. I mean its the same piston,rings,cylinder,ect... But what do I know? usflg