3.5 liter tank pictures

GoldenMotor.com

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
Does anyone have a picture of the 3.5 liter tank bike berry sells on a bike. I'm trying to visualize the size compared to the tank we get with the kit.
Thanks

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
got a pic on the board somewhere of my green 'moon dog' bike, but if one doesn't look closely, one wouldn't notice the difference - just an inch or so taller than usual

the big whizzer tanks (maybe 2 gal?) are a bit hard to fit on some bikes

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
mine came in today. There is a little rust in it but I guess that is to be expected

it definitely is bigger than the other one.
new whizzer tanks are 4 liters (though I guess the older ones would be 3.7 liters - one us gallon)
It doesn't sit as low as a whizzer tank but there is a 70 dollar difference in tanks

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
that is a whizzer tank & if you pour water into it to measure, you'll be close to 2 gal

got 10 of the 3.5 tanks in last month and they (snuggly) fit in same box as 2.5 tanks

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I'm not sure what I have then. I thought I ordered a 3.5.
If I got a 2 gallon, great. I'll take a little rust for the extra capacity

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
just hold your finger over bottom hole & use your measuring cup from kitchen to fill to see how much it holds

for rust, I like to put some gas in and a handful of old nuts & bolts and shake it well

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There are products made for de-rusting a motorcycle fuel tank but Crassius gave you a good inexpensive suggestion. I've used small pebbles, sand and BBs. Anyhting that will break up the rust scale and allow it to be flushed out with a good rinsing will work.

Actually vinegar is a good de-scaler and works almost as good as some of the high priced solutions. Let it soak for a while with some type of abrasive, like those mentioned above, shake the tank and then drain and flush with hot water.

Flash rust can be a problem. That is the rust colored coating that appears almost immediately after flushing and while the inside surface is drying. That can be eliminated by adding a few ounces of oil rich fuel mix and 'swishing' it around after the hot water flush.

Now, even though you've cleaned the tank, install an in-line fuel filter between the tank and carburetor for extra assurance.

And show us a photo of this tank on your project. Did you give up on the big one?

Tom

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I'm done with the enormous tank. Anyone want to buy it? 15 plus shipping. I have another frame I'm futzing with. I'm doing a sex change on a 24 inch girls bike.
Santa is giving me a cheap welder for xmas so I'm going to spend January learning to weld, spend February bugging a guy I know to weld it for me when I realize I'm not good at it. I'll spend March crying because the money I spent could buy me a new Indian. By April I'll be bored and move on to another project.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
This is what the fat whizzer tank for the 2008 ambassador looks like....you'll notice the mounts on the ends.
The tank pictured isn't whizzer , it's just a fatter peanut tank.

Attachments

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
That's what I thought. It's longer and bigger than the tank that I have ,more than a few times, described as "fugly".

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
american whizzer tanks are diff from the chinese replacements, higher in price too