No white wire and engine not firing?

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Looks to me like the factory finally got smart and eliminated that stupid white wire that has caused so much trouble. Your magneto should function as it was designed to do.
If you don't have spark (ignition) start looking at other things like the connection at the plug and plug wire or your connections of the blue and black wires to the CDI.

If you're using the kit supplied plug-in connectores throw them in the trash and solder the splices and protect them with heat shrink tubing.
Also check the kill switch with an ohm meter to make sure it is 'open' (no continuity) with the button not pressed.
Let us known what you find.

Tom

Last edited:

OblivionsKey

Oct 21, 2012
North Carolina
I tested the Magneto, Killswitch, and CDI. Only the killswitch checked out and I used 3 different Ohm Meters, one of which is of a very high quality. They're sending out new ones ASAP. enginesonlineshop.com gets 5 stars for customer service from me.

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I don't know for sure but if you look at the first picture it shows the ground wire hook up to the white wire spot on the magneto,wonder if that's why it went bad.The second pic shows it cut..