7.5hp-8.2hp Bolt-On To Staton/Dax/Scooterguy Systems!!

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
6274 - 7.5hp Full Mod Zenoah 30.5cc 4 Bolt LOSI Engine

Would you run these engines?

Peak torque @ 10,000rpm. Peak hp @ 14,600rpm.

These run 54mm clutches. You can run 'em as is, or adapt to 76mm clutches with this:

Low end power from a standing start would be a problem. High rpm clutch engagement would prolly make this bike sound like a modified moped.

It'd be a REALLY noisy engine, what with buzzing @ 10,000-14,600rpm.

And of course, you'd have to gear it accordingly.

Would anyone do it? xct2

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
I actually have quite a bit of experience with these style motors,as I am an avid 5th scale RC enthusiast. I have had tuned motors that were dyno proven to have 6+ hp and 5lbs of torque. Zenoah builds a very high quality motor. With lots of tuning potential. There is also a huge aftermarket presence for these mills due to their popularity in radio control and the Go Ped community.

I would be willing to try a build around one just to see how it does.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Welcome to the club, man!

Just what the forum needed.....a volunteer!dance1

What size clutch does it have, 54mm or 76mm? If 54mm, can a 76mm be retrofitted to this engine?

With the high rpms, I think a multi-speed rear with shift kit is the only drive able to harness the engine's narrow power band. Gear ratios would have to be VERY low.

Highwaystar

Jan 22, 2012
Indiana
It runs a 54mm. There are a few manufacturers that make really nice heavy duty clutch bell in that size.

Go Ped has used the 26cc engines with direct drive for years.

First things first though, I am about to pull the trigger on a Felt build really soon!