Maroon bikes

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Any of you guys seen the "Maroon Bikes" Yup that is the name. Chainless and have airless tires. Have a geared rear hub and really look built strong. Have locking systems and lights requiring no batteries. Bet they cost. Built in Texas. I think the site is maroonbikes.com Ok enough .G

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
I'm impressed, not just with the bikes but the whole company vision. Prices aren't too bad considering what you get: lifetime warranty, stainless hardware, Nexus hub, design features built in, made in the USA. I'm not crazy about airless tires but I'd give the stock units a try and could always swap them out, otherwise I'd keep it stock as a good pedal city bike without a motor.

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Abandoned bikes , who would figure that many. I would love to have a free run in there for parts. Wonder how much torque those gears would stand on the Maroon bikes? Have to figure a way to attach a drive on the bottom bracket. Could be done,,,,,small Honda motorcycle huh.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
A 20 year old man in his prime only can muster 1/3 hp, the motor has how many hp?
Not exactly. HP is commonly measured as peak and sustained levels, also HP is not the same as torque. Average club road cyclists can hold at 300 watts (.4 HP) for 30 minutes sustained and sprint peaks of 1500 watts (2.1 HP) at over 100 ft. lbs. of torque in sprints. At upper athletic levels, Tour de France racer Mario Cipollini has a max sprint power of 1900 watts (2.5 HP) and world-class cycle sprinter Marty Nothstein produces upwards of 160 ft. lbs. of torque in track sprints.

For comparison, A Honda GXH 50 produces 2.1 HP and net torque of 2.0 ft. lbs.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you. I still see no prices on the page though.
I will still browse the whole site more thoroughly and see if I can find any more details.
I like these bikes. If I can ever afford the whole thing, I see adding a GEBE or friction drive to one being very hard to beat!

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
Looking at that boneyeard, it makes me think my local university would be a good place to find some cheap frames...