Order 48cc now or wait for 66cc?

GoldenMotor.com

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
Since everyone seems to be out of stock of 66cc motor kits for the next two weeks or so, is there really that much of a difference?

If it's only a 10-20% difference I may just order the 48cc since I can get it sooner (and I'm impatient).

I really, really want to get the 66cc, not because I like top speed, but because I just prefer engines with more torque.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
Whos out of stock? I just did a quick check of a few places and every one seems to be in stock, I just ordered 8 66cc kits from RAW, RAW has good kits at the best price, check them out

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
dude I just went through every single sponsor site and NOBODY has them in stock and ready to ship. they all say they'll go out after the 23rd.

please tell me where you found one in stock.

If I go to Rawmotors.com and click on the 80cc engine kit category it says "This category doesn't have anything in it, but check back soon "

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
just checked,gasbike.net has them, so does bikeberry, I checked RAW, when I talked to them yesterday, they had a bunch of kits left, now there site doesnt list either 49 or 66cc kits, I think they are just working on there site.

SupaBaked

May 8, 2011
San Francisco
just checked,gasbike.net has them, so does bikeberry, I checked RAW, when I talked to them yesterday, they had a bunch of kits left, now there site doesnt list either 49 or 66cc kits, I think they are just working on there site.
I am a noob and might have missed something, but if you click on any of the engine kits to buy one, it says backordered and all orders will be shipped on 5-23-11. I'll try gas bike. Thanks.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Are you scared of BGF on ebay or what?

BGF has a but load of whatever you want or need.......gasebike.net will possibly be a big mistake........many posts here warning of all the headaches of dealing with those people...........

you may still not get your order or at least what you ordered if you go with gasbike.net.....

Oh well to each their own!

I wish you the best of luck bro.

Peace

I am a noob and might have missed something, but if you click on any of the engine kits to buy one, it says backordered and all orders will be shipped on 5-23-11. I'll try gas bike. Thanks.

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
What ever you do DONT go with gasbikes! (dont want to lose a noob to a first time bad deal wink)

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
bought the BGF kit, thanks guys.
Iam about to go ride my bike with that very kit. Its by far the best one Ive tried lots more power and very smoooooth. I did port match, clean up the chastings, installed a after market carb and got a SBP expansion chamber.
I probobly should wait another week or two seeing how I broke my leg a little over two months ago but I have to burn that tank o gas still in there from the day before the brake cant let it go to wast (wink). Good luck with your build and let us know how it goes.

SupaBaked

May 8, 2011
San Francisco
Thanks guys, guess gas bike won't be happening. Ya I've seen some of your other posts and links about BGF Map, no I am not scared and actually I all ready have a good ebay account. Checking his stuff out today. For anyone interested there is a thread on BGF, the good, the bad and the ugly.Seems like most experienced members like his shop.

maxsideburn

Dec 7, 2009
Scott, LA
can you guys point me to a list of all of the performance mods for one of these engines? I want to get the absolute most amount of power I can out of it.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
can you guys point me to a list of all of the performance mods for one of these engines? I want to get the absolute most amount of power I can out of it.
It seems that if you try to get the absolute most amount of power you can out of one of these engines, then you also get the absolute least amount of longevity.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Good deal, take your time, make sure all the mounting is straight and very secure and you should have you a good set up.

I replace all the stock mounting hardware on my engines with a better quality, but some say they have no issues with the stock stuff also, my luck was never good with the stock hardware for very long so it is the first thing that goes.

Best wishes all the way around......

Peace

bought the BGF kit, thanks guys.

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
I replace all the stock mounting hardware on my engines with a better quality, but some say they have no issues with the stock stuff also, my luck was never good with the stock hardware for very long so it is the first thing that goes.

Best wishes all the way around......

Peace
I agree that is the first thing I change. I learned my lesson.