tricky...tricky...tricky...

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Between Juan Tabo and Tramway. That is a steep one if I remember right it gets very steep after Tramway. That would be the foot hills. The porting on the stock gearing will still make a huge difference. That and the oil mix ratio to gas for our Altitude and what not. Just let me know if you need any help.

MatCauthon137

May 12, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Between Juan Tabo and Tramway. That is a steep one if I remember right it gets very steep after Tramway. That would be the foot hills. The porting on the stock gearing will still make a huge difference. That and the oil mix ratio to gas for our Altitude and what not. Just let me know if you need any help.
thanx, i will look into seeing if i can get the porting done. if not, or if i have any problems, i will definitely let you know, maybe some weekend we can get together and you can help me look at it and see if i am missing something else dance1

MatCauthon137

May 12, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
That and the oil mix ratio to gas for our Altitude and what not. Just let me know if you need any help.
also, i am using the opti-2 oil...performance of the bike has greatly improved since switching to this oil (before it had trouble on flat land too) but there is only one ratio for opti-2 to mix, so yeah...

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Well I figure in our altitude where your clip is on the carb metering needle , if there are vacuum leaks. There are some factors. If one runs too much oil it will lean out the motor. Think of that oil having to go through that tiny orifice [venturi] on the carb. That opti is good stuff!!

Here is a mock up of the china carb by one of our Moderators. If'n you were not familiar.
http://motorbicycling.com/f4/motorized-bicycle-carburetor-pictures-how-install-195.html

Last edited:

MatCauthon137

May 12, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
She's running!!! She's running!!! She's running!!! cvlt1 It obviously will never win the indianapolis 500 xct2, but she can climb a hill. There is a bit of a squeak, but I can cure that with a bit of grease, and i know just where to put that. She backfires on occasion, but i think i got that too. Basically, i need to re-add the fenders (the back one is gonna be a pain) get the speedo on, add a bell (too much cosmetic to tell in one post) but all the work now is cosmetic, and then i will post pics. Thanks guys for all your help. I really appreciate everyone's input and assistance. dnut