Hello from Florida

GoldenMotor.com

sleepless

Nov 11, 2009
Florida
Hi, I am Bob, an old timer that relocated from the Midwest to central Florida 8 years ago. Many years ago, my main hobbies were restoring old Whizzer motor bikes and Cushman motor scooters. After that, I began restoring old foreign automobiles and vintage outboard motors. Since moving to Florida, all those hobbies fell to the side and I began enjoying saltwater fishing and shrimping from my small boat.

I am now recovering from a heart attack and decided to build a motorized bike in my spare time. I bought a used Schwinn Jaguar a few weeks ago and received my motor kit from Boygofast last Friday. I rode it for the first time today and found out that it runs at WOT all the time. The problem has to be either in the throttle cable adjustment or the way I assembled the carburetor. Otherwise, the only problem I encountered was with the cheap chain tensioner that came with the kit.

I found this Forum yesterday and found it to be full of helpful information, some of which I plan to follow tomorrrow when I eliminate my WOT problem. Hopefully, I will be able to offer some meaningful information in the future.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Welcome sleepless, glad ya found the place! If you have continuing problems with that throttle jus' give us a shout - we'll be happy to help (check the slide in the carb, could be in wrong and hitting the guide pin).

Lookin' forward to pics if ya get a chance :D

sleepless

Nov 11, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the reply. This morning I checked the position of the carburetor slide and turned the idle adjustment screw almost all the way in. It now runs much better, idling at approximately 800 rpm instead of WOT.