GoldenMotor.com

Refuge33

Mar 10, 2016
texas
Hello, and thanks for allowing me to join. I live in Texas, in my city, no laws, just obey all bicycle laws and they leave you alone. So for first build, I am asking what company do you go with? There are so many, prices are so different, it makes it hard to figure out who has best stuff for the price. Second, what kind of bikes are best? Walmart name brand ones or ? Third, any suggestions on the whole jackshaft thing, as I would like a bike that I can shift the rear derailleur from the bike with. Is it worth it as far as speed and the rest? I appreciate any and all advice and again am thankful for such a cool site, obviously filled with even cooler people!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry you haven't seen any responses to your questions but they are a lot like asking what's better, Ford or Chevy. You'll get very different opinions as to where to buy the "best" engines/kits. All will be based on the experience folks have had. You'll find most 2 stroke bicycle engine kits to be nearly identical. What we stress is to buy from a reputable dealer who will stand behind his sale. Some of the cheaper ebay sellers are only drop shippers and care less about any problems you might have after the sale is done.

We have a very comprehensive 'Search' feature that can provide you with answers to most of your questions. But, there is always someone here to offer advice. As for the 'jackshaft', or, 'shift kit' issue there are those who use and like them and there are those who have no use for them. It will come down to personal preference on your part. Lots of reading on that subject. Try the 'search', type in 'shift kit' and you'll have plenty to read.

Good luck and have fun.

Tom