looking for a shop or web business that sells parts

GoldenMotor.com

edwardc

Nov 19, 2014
nevada
as the topic line says i am looking for a shop or web business that sells parts for a motorized Bike
what i need is a new throttle with grip and cable
and a Clutch lever ?

the white bike i bought needs both
the throttle grip and mount is broken off at the point the cable attaches
and who ever built this used a gear shift off a mtn bike or some thing

if there is any one that is located in the las vegas valley that would be good too

also does any one have a thought on what brand / style of disc brake i can use on that bike
and does any one have an opinion on removing the weird chain tightener and using just a chain from the engine to the rear hub ? some one cut the orig rear derailleur and spliced in a piece of steel

trying to find a couple of good pics of the actual bike

any help appreciated

ed

Attachments

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Hey Edward

If you follow this forum, you'll see a plethora of vendors. Look at both sides of this website, and you will see about 15 vendors.

I will tell you, I went to Pistonbikes.com and I had a great experience with these guys.

Either way, you can look and see what you need, and some great ideas for things you probably never thought of, too.

As just a thought, call the people who you want to buy from and ask them questions. If they are slow to respond, or will not respond, then go somewhere else. Don't buy from anyone who has no tech-support, or no support at all.

I hope this helps.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hey Edward

If you follow this forum, you'll see a plethora of vendors. Look at both sides of this website, and you will see about 15 vendors.

I will tell you, I went to Pistonbikes.com and I had a great experience with these guys.

Either way, you can look and see what you need, and some great ideas for things you probably never thought of, too.

As just a thought, call the people who you want to buy from and ask them questions. If they are slow to respond, or will not respond, then go somewhere else. Don't buy from anyone who has no tech-support, or no support at all.

I hope this helps.

Ditto......

Im a big fan of the products and sevice of thatsdax, SickBikeParts and Jakes, Ive had great experiences with all three of these vendors and they talk to their customers also.

I know Ive see nothing but good about Pistonbikes on here also, I just haven't ever been able to justify the shipping they charge even for small parts, so Ive always looked elsewhere.

we have several great vendors on here.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That's a really sweet looking bike you got there... I'm going to agree with what the others have said about ThatsDax as I buy most my parts and all my engines there. SickBikeParts also has a lot of good stuff and they have the better throttle grip. Jake's has a lot of good stuff too but I really hadn't bought much from them, and I hadn't bought anything from pistonbikes for the same reason mentioned above.

For the disc brake, if your bike is already set up for disc brakes, you can get a hydraulic lever and caliper from here for $34 http://www.ebay.com/itm/111597851449?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT I got this setup for mine and it has tons of stopping power now, Way better than any cable operated caliper and at about the same cost as a good cable operated one, the feel is a lot smoother too. The only thing about this particular one is that it comes pre assembled and bled, and it has a rather long brake line so if doing the front wheel it would need a shorter line or some clever routing , I chose to do some clever routing and zip tied the line to the rest of my cables for a clean looking install. For the price, this one is really hard to beat, the stopping power is awesome, and it's real easy to install.
Since my front end wasn't set up for disc brakes, I got this bracket setup for the caliper off ebay and it works great... http://www.ebay.com/itm/27157128167...49&var=570396825848&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT , or you can get some of those machined billet brackets that sit in the wheel dropouts which also work really well, especially for the rear wheel.