hi everyone, does anybody have any ideas for me?

GoldenMotor.com

jimmybking

Nov 10, 2008
ohio
thanks cookie, I think I'm going to get some conduit so I'll be able to run the muffle all the way back beside my rear tire. And it came with coaster breaks but I put a diffrent wheel on it. It doesent have any place where breaks can go. The little things that are by the rear wheel on the frame are for reflecters. I am just stuck when it comes to the break. I heard once you can buy a kit to put disk breaks on any bike, have you ever seen those?

Cookie

Jul 3, 2008
Yes but they are $$$$$ have you tried to take the bike to a shop and see if they can put a coaster hub on it ????

Cookie

jimmybking

Nov 10, 2008
ohio
so about two weeks ago it was really cold, about 20 or 30 outside and i tried to go for a cruze to the corrner store but i couldnt get my bike to start firing. it was doing what it always does when you peddle with the cluch out but i peddled my heart out and it wouldnt start. then yesterday it was about 40 of 50 outside and i decited to try it one more time befor i start taking the whole thing apart and replace things and if fired up the first time after like two peddles. does any body else have trouble getting there mb to start when its cold? and what do you do about it?

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
jimmybking,

Just a quick quip...off the cuff. More cold, less choke. Maybe "NO" choke!

20-30 degress will not prevent a two cycle from starting. It may have been coincidence...you may have another isuue that will rear it's head regardless of temp. Mechanical things have a bad way of testing your patience.

Jim

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Please don't ride that thing with no brakes.

Your best bet (and least expensive) would be to locate another rear wheel with coaster brake.

Go to Wally World, Academy Sports, etc. and buy a universal caliper brake. They are only about five or six bucks. Check that they fit around your fat tire. Then drill the large tube that ends at your rear wheel behind/under your seat for the mounting bolt. Replace the pads with good quality ones. That will at least give you a rudimentary brake.

From what I can see your fork doesn't have disk brake tabs on it. That leaves a drum brake for the front, which means a new hub at least.

Someone with a little savvy could fabricate custom cantilever brakes that use your reflector studs on the rear. I think that would cost some bucks at a bike shop. Not many bike shops would attempt it (liability issues).

Good luck.

Ted

jimmybking

Nov 10, 2008
ohio
well i finished the chopper tonight (it looks sweet) except for the kill switch. do i use it or not? when i bought the kit it said upgraded with a new kill switch, but does that matter? all yeah my clutch is tight as h*ll, does anyone know why? does thoes things need greesed sometimes?

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
You can probably choke it to death.

But brakes . . . get something that will stop you. Or the lack thereof will cause unrequited grief for family members, whether getting you flowers in the hospital or putting flowers on your grave.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but if I understand you your bike has no brakes at all.

You won't find one member of this forum (I hope) that will condone riding it without brakes. Not even a test ride. .bf.

What size rear wheel do you need? Post your wheel size and zip code. I should have a coaster wheel around somewhere. I'll true it and send it to you if you pay shipping.

Otherwise see if your LBS will put your original coaster hub on your new wheel. Tell them you will remove the hubs from your wheels - cheaper that way. So you will just pay them to build your wheel with your parts.

You can't put your original wheel back on? Is it damaged in some way or did you just want a freewheel (BMX) rear?

Ted

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
You really need to put brakes on that thing. It's looking very nice, but would really work better with brakes. :) Does't your front wheel have disc brakes?

Last edited:

Long&Black

Nov 24, 2008
Georgia

jimmybking

Nov 10, 2008
ohio
guys, guys, guys, im not going to drive it without breaks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what i was thinking is two drill a couple of holes by where my rear tire is bolted on. its just an extra little piece of steel and says wcc or something like that. (for disc breaks).ive never had disc breaks befor, and i want them.