Noob from Louisville, Ky

GoldenMotor.com

spamh8r

Oct 6, 2008
Hi all, just ordered a kit, then found this site. I'm wondering what the recommendations are for a first timer with regards to the bike-- should I use the multi-speed hybrid street/mountain bike I already have, or should I find a cheap cruiser?

I love the look of a cruiser, but I already have a mountain bike.

thanks everyone in advance for your input.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Personally, I'd get a cheap cruiser. Especially if you like riding your current bicycle as a bike. You won't be doing much peddling after the conversion because the engines and chains add enough drag that you basically won't want to. I own 5 bicycles so it was easy to just take one (a cruiser in my case) and convert it. I don't think I would ever put a motor on either my mountain bike or my "commuter" bike.

Besides, the just look real slick in a cruiser!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I would go with the bike you like the best. For me it was a cruiser for the simple fact that it was way more comfortable to ride.

:ride2:

spamh8r

Oct 6, 2008
The Schwinn Windwood is available locally for ~$130. I may give that a try, as it looks like others here have done conversions to that one already. Thanks for the input all.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Well Welcome to The Forum. Cheap bike. Hmmm. Schwinn has them, so does Huffy, and Magna, and ... I like a steel frame my self. When I land I know there will be something below me besides dirt! If you are younger, Huffy makes a great MTN bike. Agile, fast, handles great. Even with off road tires. Riding counts!