My First Build

GoldenMotor.com

DonH

Oct 10, 2010
Ontario, California
Hello everyone! Names Don and im in need of a cheap mode of transportation and stumbled upon this great spin! looks like alot of fun. In this thread i will document my whole adventure of building my first motorized bike with pictures, statements, discussions, questions etc.

The Bike and its story:
Yesterday after finding this great idea on the web looking for a cheap car, i went on craigslist and looked for a beach cruiser as i love the look. I found plenty of them. Some way out of my price range when i stumbled upon a Huffy cruiser from 1999. frame in great shape new rims and tires just missing a crank and pedals for only $50 so i picked it up.

I Tore the whole bike down about an hour ago and have sprayed the body with a paint remover.
The paint will scheme will be a flat green with flat black accents.

The engine:
SO far no engine has been ordered as im shopping around.

Stay tuned for pictures and updates!

edit: Engine ordered from zoombicycles. 80cc (66cc) Black Kit. 124.99 shipped!

What i started with. wasnt bad but so generic!

sanded.... god that took quite a bit of time by hand lol
no pics of bare frame. pic of primer:

missing many pics for some reason they didnt save but meh oh well. painted the handle bars, rims, and sprocket flat black

DRUM ROLL PLEASE! LOOKN ALL SEXY!

clear cote on everything and cured. the seat is def. going to be replaced with something with dark brown leather. know a shop near my house that has a few.

stay tuned!

Last edited:

DonH

Oct 10, 2010
Ontario, California
small update:
Engine is not in transit from canada. not sure how long its going to take as fedex still hasnt posted my tracking information. Going to be stopping by the local Incycle store to snag a new masterlink for my chain

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
Just to let you know that tractor supply has 10 foot roller chains for around 17 dollars which is what I bought mine for. A number 41 fits. And the mb is coming out nice so far

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That's why you need two, so you can ride one while building/working on the other. :D

Welcome too, looking good man!

gl.
LOL KillerCanuck, I always say 3. The one your ridding. The one your building and the one your planning.

Just found this out by accident. Goop hand cleaner works great on white-walls. I'm not suggesting it as I have only used it a few times now but so far no discoloration or fading. Gonna try the Mr. Clean. Thanks.

DonH

Oct 10, 2010
Ontario, California
ok picked up a new masterlink for the chain i had to cut off. also picked up a new seat and pedals for only $10!!!! gotta love ebay companies based out of L.A. :) pics will be up shortly.

also having a few issues with shipping lol. engine kit is still in customs and my tracking number doesnt work. already contacted ZB multiple times and there a great company with me every step of the way

DonH

Oct 10, 2010
Ontario, California
sorry for the delay. got my kit two days ago after waiting two weeks! GAH! anyways i have a custom engine mount in the 2 axis cnc right now to fit my oversize frame and snug right up. going to machine the sprocket to fit right on. stay tuned for pics of everything :)