Hello All!

GoldenMotor.com

seanf49

Jun 12, 2010
Boston
I've been lurking for about a week now, trying to dig up what's the best kit and saw some great DIY stiff on here as well.

I've ordered the "Black Flying Horse" from bikeberry, mainly because of their 6 month manufacturer defects warranty, it seems like that was the most important thing to pay attention to with buying the kits. I didn't want to buy a bad kit on ebay and get shafted, figured I'd pay the extra $50 for that security.

So my bike is a old Raleigh Rampar with a curved top-tube that looks unique for a Raleigh anyway, 26x1 3/8in wheel on the rear, 24x1 3/8in on the front with a Pleischer Rack meant for the rear attached above it, flipped North Roads.............and a bannana seat complete with sissy bar. Was once my commuter, now it's going on to become better things!

Now a couple questions, feel free to answer as many or as few, or none, that you want to:

1.Instead of having a regular bicycle drive train, I am using a Front (non cog hub) on my rear triangle. No pedal start, I think I will just run start, moving just fast enough to turn the engine. The wheel fits, is snug although the dropouts look a little bent inwards. What are your opinions on this?

2. 24x1 3/8in wheel in the front. Pedals do not hit the ground, not that I can use them for much of anything anyway. The front brake rubbers hit the tires when braking. I've heard this wears down the tires on the edges quickly, not too worried as I have a spare. I know rubber on rubber makes for quick stopping in all weather, but should I rethink this because of the power behind the bike?

3. Banana seat. How bad a$$ is that? A little bit, or a lot?

4. I'm thinking of making a PVC gas tank and pop it in right under the seat. CPVC? What kind of "cement" should I use? I've read many threads on this, but cannot divulge a definite answer.

5. Any other Boston bikers out there?!?!?

I'll post pictures of before and after soon!

Well thanks for reading, I hope to be fully involved in this hobby by the end of this summer.
usflg