Manic Mechanic isn't closing shop

GoldenMotor.com

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
wow. that sux like a ten-dollar hooker behind on pimp payments.

"nothing ventured, nothing gained." you put yourself out there and went where many people fear to tread.

personally, i dont have the cojones (or funds) to try anything bigger than doing run-of-the-mill builds out of my garage. you gave it a shot and therefore get MAN POINTS.

all here, are in agreement that your talents/skills/products are innovative and top-shelf.
perhaps, the market isnt quite ready for you because of the economy and/or popularity of motored bikes, that is still in it's infancy.

i'm glad to see this thread kicked up some biz for you before you're done. in fact, i'd like to get a sprocket adapter to put the wide tire back on megan's GT Kustom Duece.

we salute you, good sir .flg.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
wow. that sux like a ten-dollar hooker behind on pimp payments.

"nothing ventured, nothing gained." you put yourself out there and went where many people fear to tread.

personally, i dont have the cojones (or funds) to try anything bigger than doing run-of-the-mill builds out of my garage. you gave it a shot and therefore get MAN POINTS.

all here, are in agreement that your talents/skills/products are innovative and top-shelf.
perhaps, the market isnt quite ready for you because of the economy and/or popularity of motored bikes, that is still in it's infancy.

i'm glad to see this thread kicked up some biz for you before you're done. in fact, i'd like to get a sprocket adapter to put the wide tire back on megan's GT Kustom Duece.

we salute you, good sir .flg.
Thank you Spunout!

Karen and I live in a small apartment near the shop. All of our machines and tooling are paid for. In terms of a small American manufacturing operation, we can get by on very little. The last thing I want to do is close shop. The auctioneer predicted a final closeout of 28K for the shop. I've spent over 100K at deal prices to set-up the shop. We nearly cried, as we don't want to loose it! Our efforts running the machines should be able to make us a meager living.

Let me know when you're ready for the Deuce set-up. It requires a special dished sprocket. The customer that got the one shown on my website still rides regularly with no problems...I built that bike december "08"

Jim

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Good luck to you and yours Jim! Thanks for all your contributions and here's lookin at still havin you around! Right?

Clotho

May 25, 2008
I'm really sorry to hear about this.

This is a great loss. I do hope you will still participate here.

I wish for you and yours all the best.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Too bad you couldnt just set up shop in a garage for a side line bizz. Your talents will be missed GREATLY. Good luck for you and your family.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
on my ride to work this morning, i thought about how well i liked the parts, and then it dawned on me. why not make, an exhaust.... well. lets call it an exhaust thingy. that is like the copper gasket, but thicker.

going from exhaust port shape, to round pipe inlet shape? knamean?
can you do it? ill gladly send you test money if you make me a crude one out of billet...
i can hear the difference the short straight intake tube made, i think i even need a rejet!

great to hear your going to make it into the holidays

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Creative have you thought about contacting every kit seller out there and discuss your talents with them and see if they need any parts or can come up with ideas for products to make and sell.....one part I know that would sell well is a bigger tank to fit on top of the honda/titan/hs motor. I thought I found one but I was wrong. Were stuck like chuck with a lil 1.3 litre tank.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Thank you guys for ordering from us!!!

I figured a few last minute orders would come in from our customers who have already bought our products...I didn't expect enough to keep Karen and I busy for another month!

Thank You...We'll deal with December when it's time...for now we're filling orders!

I really didn't expect to be able to pay the shop rent this month!

Again...thanks guys!

Jim
i'm glad i / all of us could help. i'd hate to have to go back to the stock sprocket set-up. hang in there.

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
Man, I'm away from the board for a couple months, and return to read this bad news.

Jim, along with everyone else, I 'm really sorry to hear this news. Sorry to hear you're taking such a beating to get out, after all you put into getting established.

It's unfair that such a decent guy as you has to face this turn of events.

I hope you will remain a part of this community.

I wish better times ahead for you both.

-Brenton

KTAC

Nov 1, 2009
WA
I have the equipment, www.custommedisolutions.info/welcome.html look for the CNC equipment. . Jim is right, it can only be a hobby at these prices. I wanted to buy a 32t from you just to see how you were doing it. Could you pass me the file. I just want the sprocket/hub I could take care of a few people every now and then. Not looking to make business, I already own several marketing and sign companies.

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
Jim
I have a very good Jackshaft design in progress.
I would be willing to kick in some design work for new products.
A jackshat for 2 strokes and 4 strokes could make some cash

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
Yeah, that does suck. I just ordered the intake. Been wanting to for a while now. Didn't he make the clutch lever too?
on the clutch "actuator" he sold out of them, and decided not to produce anymore i believe.

the copper exhaust gasket was probley one of my better purchases. i think he should punch out more of those for sure....

superbringa

Jun 26, 2009
try outside of THE MATRIX
not surprised... Jim you'll be missed all over. When this country's fascination with cheap and low quality is the norm I am very sad but understand why people like you can not keep your door open. My dad owns his own machine shop and he used to tell me about the future and I used to fight with him and thought that he was just very negative... well now, I only apologize and not argue because everything he fore casted became a reality. Anyway you have to move on and we all have to. Wishing you the best and praying for your success.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
For the people who didn't read the whole thread:
Thank you guys for ordering from us!!!

I figured a few last minute orders would come in from our customers who have already bought our products...I didn't expect enough to keep Karen and I busy for another month!

Thank You...We'll deal with December when it's time...for now we're filling orders!

I really didn't expect to be able to pay the shop rent this month!

Again...thanks guys!

Jim
Keep those orders going and get Jim December's rent too! :D

longhorn6

Sep 2, 2009
Richardson, TX
For the people who didn't read the whole thread:

Keep those orders going and get Jim December's rent too! :D
Exactly, i spoke with Jim about the sprocket adapter I've been wanting for awhile and he said i can order it from piratecycles1.com This guy knows Jim and is on this website (jus forgot his username LOL) and has about 100 adapters in stock, luckily my new wheel has a shimano cbe-110 hub so I'm gonna get it this upcoming paycheck and should be riding soon.......................

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Yes,

Thanks to an influx of orders we will be able to stay open through the end of the year.

I have other products in the works...it just takes time to prove things out.

The motor mounts have been tested for months on a variety of bikes that I built for local customers. We had so many requests for the motor mount that we really thought they would sell well; which of course would have taken care of the shop bills. We've sold a few motor mounts, but not near as many as anticipated.

All of our products are in production...not just the sprocket adapters and sprockets.

Thanks again for your orders guys. With your help I will be able to keep going and offer more new products.

Jim