How many teeth?

GoldenMotor.com

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Ok I'm a big boy now and ready to move up to a higher gear.Running a 44 tooth on a 70cc.at the present.I don't want to give up to much low end torque or climbing ability.Anyone ever try a 40 tooth.Probably have to get it from King's.I'm not looking to race this sucker,just cruise at a little lower RPM.any thoughts?Thanks,Ron

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Norman runs a 36 tooth on his. I've got a 38 tooth that came off a crankset that Norman had. I'm going to machine down a 50 tooth sprocket and bolt the 38 to it. I may do that tommorrow.....................

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am running a 40 and very happy with it. i didn't loose hardly anything on the bottom end but the top end gained alot over the 44 tooth. nice part is i can cruise at 29-30 mph without winding the motor out like i did with the 44 tooth which means less wear and tear on the motor and my body as well as not as much vibration

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Thanks for the replies guys.I think I'll try a 40 tooth first and if its like everything else I'll eventually end up with two of everything.Ron

HOOKWORMRIDER1

May 21, 2008
Decatur Illinois
I run 37 tooth sprocket that i got at a thrift store on a little kids 10 inch wheel bike
for five bucks.I cut the center out and welded it to three big washers and bolted it to a disc brake wheel.I made a big difference in the ride lost alot of vibration and still run 33 to 37 mph.And it will still will climb hills just a little slower.

outdoorcat75455

May 23, 2008
Texas
With a 50T sprocket and a 26" wheel, what could I expect for my cruise speed, being powered by a 50cc 2-stroker.

I'm looking for a cruise speed of 15 - 20 MPH. That will be my primary speed and I do not want to lug the engine down, nor over rev it.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Quote... I'm looking for a cruise speed of 15 - 20 MPH. That will be my primary speed and I do not want to lug the engine down, nor over rev it.[/QUOTE]

You should probably just stick with a stock 44T... (Just nice easy cruising... with no lugging or over reving!) :ride2:

Last edited:

outdoorcat75455

May 23, 2008
Texas
Excellent info guys, I will receive my kit this coming week I will probably install the 44T to begin with just so that I can experience the exhilaration of the break neck speed. I will probably go to the 50T and put a stop on my throttle to limit the speed to 20 MPH max to keep from having to register the bike as a moped or motorcycle. This way I will still have enough power at low speeds without harming the engine, and enough throttle to give some acceleration when needed. 15 MPH is plenty fast enough for me on a bicycle, most motorists in cars and trucks will not expect you to be traveling that fast to begin with and may fail to yield to you (this happens quite often without the motor-assist). If a police officer sees me flying along at 25+ MPH it will definitely draw his attention and considering this machine is not really street legal here, I don't want to draw attention.