Illegal Rider

GoldenMotor.com

ThunderJay

Sep 22, 2008
Altona, Manitoba Canada
Hi Everybody:
I've been waiting to post until I had something important to say. Here it is: Motorized Bicycles with gas engines have been made illegal in Manitoba. An unannounced change to the highway traffic act has deleted the term "or gas engine" from the definition of Motorized Bicycle. A phone call to vehicle standards has revealed that you can't even call it a moped and register and insure it. If anybody has a petition going about this I'd sure like to know about it.

Here is a picture of my illegal bike. I've built 3 already and there are at least 4 more in my town of under 4,000.

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thunder,
I hope we're not seeing the outer fringes of an international conspiracy. I heard a rumor a few days ago that could spell the end of the 2 stroke bicycle engine. I won't discuss it until there is confirmation but hearing these things disturbs me a little. Government intrusion is getting just a little out of hand in my opinion.
Tom

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
OK, so I'll speak again. Joe, I would like to leave the past in the past and call a truce. Anyway, I'm not sure how the law functions in your area, however Oregon has a funny little rule. If you were of legal voting age before a law like that is passed then it doesn't apply to you. Strange I know but this happened here about a year after I turned 18, and when I asked the DMV about the requirements change, they asked when I was born and said O you were of legal voting age before that Law went into effect so it doesn't apply to you.?? I don't remember exactly what it was though so don't take my word for it.

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Hi Everybody:
I've been waiting to post until I had something important to say. Here it is: Motorized Bicycles with gas engines have been made illegal in Manitoba. An unannounced change to the highway traffic act has deleted the term "or gas engine" from the definition of Motorized Bicycle. A phone call to vehicle standards has reveled that you can't even call it a moped and register and insure it. If anybody has a petition going about this I'd sure like to know about it.

Here is a picture of my illegal bike. I've built 3 already and there are at least 4 more in my town of under 4,000.

Really sucks that they did that to you guys out there :(

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Corporations and corporate foundations fund think tanks which formulate policies which will be favorable to business. Corporate attorneys draft legislation which will make those policies the law of the land, corporate political action committees pay for the election campaigns of the politicians who ensure that such legislation becomes law, and lobbyists make sure the politicians stay bought. Corporate executives are appointed to lead the regulatory agencies which enforce (or dismantle) the laws that aren't favorable to business. National and multilateral trade and development agencies design and subsidize an international trading system dominated by the largest corporations. Governments and banks use public monies to subsidize and insure corporate investment. In short it doesn't matter how legit we try to do this, except in the most rare of cases they are going to outlaw it everywhere... Why? you ask, because beleive it or not they have already felt these MB's hit them in the pocketbook. I used to spend, hundreds of dollars in a month, just to go see natures beauty and getting around (mind you it went into my girls car because I'm suspended) but now the car is only used to get to the grocery store and to do family stuff. I literally have spent a hundred dollars less per month. It may not seem like a lot, but it's not just me or you there is 10,000 of us here. How painful would that be to Big oil if we all spent $100 dollars less per month?
$12,000,000. In a year, may not sound like a huge number in the grand scheme of things, but bet your a** it is pissing the corporate and political ****** right off.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Joe,
If you don't think they can outlaw something that was legal, ask a smoker what he or she thinks. Or, light up a cigarette in any restaurant in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, etc etc. :)
Tom

Last edited:

mekano

Nov 4, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Joe,
If you don't think they can outlaw something that was legal, ask a smoker what he or she thinks. Or, light up a cigarette in any restaurant in Colorado, Florida, Illinois, etc etc. :)
Tom
Yes... Meanwhile in Sweden: I got a 400 dollar fine for smoking in the subway station the other day. "Disturbance against public policy"