rat builder in eastern PA

GoldenMotor.com

kdey777

Nov 9, 2014
allentown Pa
hi everyone. im Kahir. everyone calls me "k". ive been building rat and muscle bikes for as long as i could ride and now got two projects that im looking foward to putting some power into. the first is what i believe to be a 1933-37 western flyer or radmaster. it was first rebuilt in the 50's then again about two years ago. its going to be a clean ratrod with a def boardtrack feel. doing everything on the cheap and looking foward to posting pics of the project as it goes. i work full time and have a baby on the way so both time and money are a concern but im also an ex-stoner so my ingenuity is endless. ive got pics of the bikes im talking about in my album. cheers.

kdey777

Nov 9, 2014
allentown Pa
i just got this the other day for $200. believe it to be a mid to late 30's western flyer or hawthorn but i just mocked up the tank last night. i should be ordering my engine in about a week but i really want some referances for decent sellers. also want to boost up the carb and magneto to whichever one i get. looking to spend only 150 if possible. enjoy the attached pic.

Attachments

kdey777

Nov 9, 2014
allentown Pa
so its been a bit since i last updated anything here. the bike has come a long way and im ready to drop the motor in. its just a uestion of which on. just saw a local guy selling a huffy cruiser with a stinger already installed for only 250 but i have no clue what kind of abuse he has put it through and i dont want to buy a lemon.

Attachments

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Kahir- Welcome! You will find lot's of help here, and people are very friendly.
That looks to be a very likely build. Post pics!

I apologize for being off topic.
I once had an Iranian friend who shared your same name. I'm an Irishman from America, and he told me that his was a Scottish name that didn't have a meaning. I have never been able to verify this, and I have long lost contact with my friend. Have you ever heard this?
Trey

Last edited:

kdey777

Nov 9, 2014
allentown Pa
Build idea.... Yellow everything, and call it The Lemon. ;)
LOL! Nope. Yellow Really isnt my thing with this bike. im considering my fuji sj10 build ideas and yellow with red gold and black pinstriping was something that came to mind as well as rust red with brass and cream rubbers. oh and i think your friend could of said that knowing youre irish. kahir was a form of the name khalil from early and middle ottoman times.